Sales / Business Development Associate Director - Maritime & Trade Sales - Energy, EMEA
IHS Markit Maritime and Trade continue to lead the way in delivering maritime and trade data to the energy sectors. With the World's most comprehensive, primary data assets, IHS Markit works closely with major Energy multinationals across EMEA. Our data aids risk and compliance and gives key insights into business planning and commodity trade flows Your Role
General Job Duties:
- Follow and execute a structured solution sales process for revenue growth and prospecting. Able to uncover new revenue opportunities within existing accounts through understanding of end user strategy and requirement.
- Develop knowledge and thorough understanding of all products and services and apply knowledge to provide appropriate recommendations/solutions that meets their business requirements.
- Achieve net new revenue growth targets and maximize retention capabilities within accounts.
- Introduce new products and services within the territory. Generate and deliver compelling sales proposals to customers.
- Develop knowledge and thorough understanding of all Maritime & Trade products and services and apply knowledge to provide appropriate recommendations/solutions that meets the requirements within the defence and national security sectors.
- Introduce new Maritime & Trade products and services with the accounts. Generate and deliver compelling sales proposals to customers.
- Observation and understanding of customer workflows and processes, tailor solutions to enhance overall Insight value to customer organization.
Specific Job Duties:
- New business generation key element of the role.
- Impacts the business results by setting priorities, allocating resources, and developing policies and strategic plans.
- Follow up on all inbound client enquiries to uncover new and expanding opportunities within client base
- Prospect, present to, and close on new sales opportunities within client base & new logo's
- Accurately forecast expected sales and cancellations to Line Manager on a daily/monthly basis
- Provide ongoing product feedback from clients to Line Manager and Product Managers
- Maintain awareness of, and participate in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities, and market them to account base/prospects
- Accomplished Sales Drive: knowledge of key business requirements and processes required to achieve objectives; conducts critical, detailed reviews to inspect quality and troubleshoot problems when needed. Allocates time effectively to balance need for acquiring detailed information without delaying timely decisions and action.
- Desired but not essential understanding of the energy sector either primary production or trading.
- Consistent Delivery of Results Achieves goals; is consistently a top performer; Results oriented; steadfastly pushes self and motivates others for results; never satisfied with performance that falls below expectations; demonstrates the ability to adapt behaviour to overcome obstacles needed to achieve expected results.
- Accomplished Prospecting: Secures new business by identifying, approaching, assessing, and closing new customers/opportunities through a consultative approach with long sales cycles; prioritizes effort to appropriately emphasize prospecting activities; creative in finding new sources of customer leads; cultivates prospects and quickly assesses potential with appropriate level of effort.
- Accomplished Customer Focus: Always acts with customers in mind; prioritizes initiatives and focuses effort to optimize results for both customer and company; dedicated to meeting the customers' expectations and requirements; acquires first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; gains customer trust and respect by establishing and maintaining effective relationships; cultivates a customer focused attitude among colleagues.
- Detail Orientation: Maintains superior knowledge of key business requirements and processes required to achieve objectives; conducts critical, detailed reviews to inspect quality and troubleshoot problems when needed; allocates time effectively to balance need for acquiring detailed information without delaying timely decisions and action.
- Learns quickly when facing new situations; a relentless and versatile learner, open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; committed to personal and professional development; self-directed in pursuit of resources that aid continuous, active learning. Seeks input from others at all levels for the purpose of development.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.