Sales Trader – Derivative Solutions to Mid Cap + SME clients
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Foenix Partners
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Foenix Partners is a fast-growing currency boutique based in the City of London. To date, the company’s focus has been on Foreign Exchange but we are in the process of directing our corporate focus into new asset classes. Unique to the company is our approach to customer service where we aim to forge long term relationships by delivering pro-activity, a focus on risk management and genuine markets expertise. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and driven individual to work in a dynamic and expanding environment.
Foenix Partners is an award-winning currency boutique looking for an experienced sales trader to lead the drive into new asset classes, specifically by delivering option-based hedging solutions to UK mid-cap and SME corporate clients. Some traditional sales qualities are required to leverage Foenix’s existing client base and network of partners and affiliates for new business opportunities. Building on that is the need for successful candidates to have strong technical abilities in terms of:
- Managing the execution process
- Option pricing principles
- An understanding of corporate risk management and treasury policies, ideally for Mid Cap UK clients
- Familiarity with suitability and appropriateness considerations
- Working knowledge of the relevant regulatory regime
This role will interact closely with existing business units to build on the value of the current Foenix Partners offering while overseeing the growth of a new business area.
The ideal candidate will aspire to the highest standards in their approach to work. The candidate should have exceptional interpersonal skills to combine with ambition, determination and an excellent work ethic. Transparency, attention to detail and technical ability are essential while always applying a commercial approach to client management.
Minimum requirements include:
- 5+ years corporate sales experience
- 2yrs+ delivering options to UK mid cap / SME customers
- Broader working knowledge of financial markets, specifically FX, commodities and interest rates asset classes
- Ambitions to oversee and manage a team
We would consider applicants that have sold options within banking and to larger corporate clients. We would expect familiarity with the commodities energy complex.