At Royal London we want to attract the best talent to help us achieve our vision of becoming the most trusted and recommend financial company in the UK. Our family has grown a fair bit since 1861, and as a result, today we have one Royal London Group that is made up of six specialist areas.
Royal London Asset Management (RLAM) was established in 1988 and is a leading asset management company, investing across all major asset classes. RLAM is a wholly owned and central part of the Royal London Group. We offer a range of investment options and manage £123.4 billion of assets (as at 31.03.2019) across the major asset classes. Our priority is delivering excellent investment performance for those who trust us with their assets. We put our customers at the heart of all we do.
The purpose of the role is to provide high quality support to Business Development Manager’s and their key Royal London Asset Management wealth manager and adviser clients.
What will you be doing
- Focusing on the North region your main task will be to provide high quality support to the Business Development Mangers based in the northern region and their key wealth manager and adviser clients.
- Providing timely and accurate responses to all Business Development Manager’s i.e helping organise material and presentations for client meetings/assisting with logistics for fund manager meetings where required.
- Managing incoming client requests received by Business Development Manager’s - analysis for fund/portfolio comparisons, detailed/technical requests on RLAM funds etc. Using the CRM system to put through RFPs/client due diligence templates.
- Managing and prioritising requests where required. Also helping to organise client/IFA events and work closely with the telephone associate in region to coordinate follow.
What we’re looking for
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who can demonstrate competence and professionalism when dealing with clients.
- Being a team player. Share best practice and be open to learning and improving in the role
- Highly organised with the ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks at the same time
- Showing initiative and being able to think outside the box and come up with solutions to problems.
- Strong work ethic and taking responsibility and being accountable for the work they produce.
- Very strong organisational skills, working to tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to manage relationships effectively within the business and with external clients
Skills that will help you in the role
- Asset Management experience would be preferable, we would also consider individuals that keen to build an understanding of the asset classes and funds quickly.
- Specific experience is not necessary but a previous job in sales support environment would be helpful.
- IMC qualified on need to work towards IMC to complete within 6months is essential.
What we offer
- We've always been proud to reward employees by offering a number of benefits such as Pensions and Protection, Performance and role-related benefits, Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Our culture comes from within, or to put it another way, it comes from our people. It’s what makes Royal London a great place to work.
- Our People Promise is something we live up to every day. We know we can rely on you, and you can expect plenty from us in return.
- Glassdoor have ranked as among the best places to work and this year we entered the top 10
We are an equal opportunities employer. We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning team. We believe that embracing difference makes us stronger. Our diverse people bring us different skills – whatever their educational background, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
In fact, the first pillar of our People Promise is designed to make sure you 'work somewhere inclusive'. We want to live up to this promise; it’s good for our people and good for our customers too, because our workforce should reflect our communities.