A leading financial services group and the pre-eminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach is looking to add a Sales Support Associate to their EMEA Distribution team within their UK Branch.
This role is based at their London office and supports the activities of the firm’s sales team across the EMEA region. The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated team player with experience of sales support within an asset management environment, or who can clearly demonstrate the attributes required of such a role.
You will be responsible for:
- First line sales support, assisting with incoming queries (email and telephone) from the sales team and/or clients.
- Attend client meetings (as required by sales manager) acting as secondary or back-up contact.
- Research prospective investors ahead of introductory meetings e.g. firm background, news flow, asset allocation, manager roster, identifying key decision makers.
- Build relationships with clients after meetings to enable future 1:1 conversations and follow ups on behalf of the specific sales person (but always under the guidance of the lead sales person).
You will likely possess:
- Ability to build credible relationships both with internal stakeholders and externally with clients
- Strong with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of CRM systems e.g. Salesforce
- Strong analytical / numeracy skills
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Additional languages would be a strong advantage.
- Project management / multi-tasking ability
- Ideally some knowledge of asset management/investment asset classes and an interest in capital markets