Sales Specialist, Enterprise Data Management
Company & Team - "About Us"
The IHS Markit Enterprise Data Management (EDM) platform puts quality, audited data at the center of customer's organizations. Its solutions build gold copy masters across all data types, delivering tangible data governance, risk management and compliance frameworks and rationalizing legacy architectures.
The EDM Warehouse component provides customers with the option to leverage, a predefined enterprise data model as part of its deployment. The EDM Warehouse is packaged with a library of inbound data services that allows users to populate either the entire enterprise model or individual data sets. An outbound report services layer is available to expedite delivery of information to downstream applications. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
The Sales Executive is responsible for driving revenue growth in the region for IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management and Warehouse solution in financial services with the potential to support other growth verticals in the future.
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Generation of new business pipeline in assigned territory
- Prospecting and networking activities to drive new opportunities
- Work closely with pre-sales and development teams
- Ability to give product presentations with high level product demos
- Work with the US Account management team as a sales specialist
- Maintain opportunities, pipeline and management reports from Salesforce
- Take responsibility for IHSM solutions product knowledge, support and implementation processes on an ongoing basis
- Act as a point person for solutions sales providing understanding of technical information, product characteristics, and attending client meetings with assigned account managers
- Understand competitive systems strengths & weaknesses, including ability to articulate key advantages to prospects and internal staff
- Strong domain knowledge of managed service solutions and deployment models
- Active participation in sales conferences, marketing events, sales collateral production, client entertainment and other marketing functions
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 8+ years complex software sales experience
- Broad based experience with another buy side technology vendor with exposure to managing complex relationships and/or process's
- Knowledge and experience in buy side or capital markets
- Experience in long cycle solution sales with complex contract negotiation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Specific experience in covering this client base will be a big advantage
- Bachelor's degree required
- Willingness to Travel regionally
- Cash incentive plan
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.