- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 03 Oct 17 2017-10-03
Sales Manager - Audience role focused on results. Closing business and building the pipeline of potential business from existing and new customers is the single biggest objective.
• Sell Morningstar audience products and services
• Close sales from existing and new advertisers, sponsors and exhibitors
• Build a pipeline of sales prospects from existing and new clients
• Meet and exceed sales targets and activity metrics as directed
• Develop product and market knowledge
• Follow and support the adoption and improvement of all required process
Our clients receive the highest levels of service through a full understanding of their needs. Our commitment is to continually improve knowledge of our clients. The successful applicant will be adaptable, determined and able to deliver to objectives. Communication, both to clients and colleagues is a vital part of the role.
This is a sales role focused on results. Closing business and building the pipeline of potential business from existing and new customers is the single biggest objective.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Achieve and exceed individual annual sales targets, assist fully in achieving group targets. By identifying and closing new business and growth from existing client base.
• Understand the content, presentation and development of the Morningstar audience solutions offerings including digital, print and conferences, research new advertisers, and manage the sales process.
• Work closely with the Client Account Managers (CAMs) to manage and deliver campaigns from allocated existing customers. Seek innovative ways to enhance the value proposition.
• Monitor and understand the position of competitors
• Acquire proficiency and develop excellence in use of all service delivery systems
Adhere to all internal procedures and requirements of the business, including preparation of proposals and contract agreements.
• Support and assist the existing audience sales team
• Provide accurate and timely reporting of activities and results
• Maintain an accessible contacts database using the company SalesForce platform, and record client contact, pipeline and activities as directed within SalesForce.
• Create and share reports as required and communicate effectively with internal team and management.
• Ensure client deliverables are met and fulfil contract obligations.
• Maintain knowledge of financial/digital industry and champion Morningstar through active participation in industry events and client engagement.
• Graduate with excellent academic credentials (minimum 2:1).
• 3-5 years of digital sales experience with solution-based selling techniques is required, preferably within in the financial industry.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong relationship building and negotiation skills.
• Excellent use of presentation capabilities to sell the value proposition and demonstrate consultative sales capabilities
• Able to solve problems creatively with available resources.
• Familiarity with productivity software (Word, Excel etc.), sales platform (e.g. SalesForce)
• Ability to multi-task and excellent attention to detail. Organized and logical, with the ability to adapt.
• Excellent teamwork skills and the ability for independent work where required
• Goal-oriented with a willingness and ability to exceed targets.
• Written and verbal fluency in a European language would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and application of financial and investment products.
The ideal candidate will be personable, determined and able to deliver personal targets and to contribute to the overall goals of the business.