Sales Executive, Electronic Parts
Company & Team - "About Us"
The Parts Sales team provides product and data solutions for analyzing electronic component information such as obsolescence, availability, pricing, counterfeits, and environmental compliance. These component risks cost equipment manufactures and component distribution billions of dollars every year. IHS Markit offers a unique solution to these challenges and has been a trusted partner to the electronics industry for over 40 years. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
The Sales Executive within IHS Markit's Electronic Parts team will execute against sales goals with respect to forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying customer pain, delivering executive IHS Markit point of view dialogue, delivering solution presentations to new and existing customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the IHS Markit unique value proposition.
The Sales Executive will own a specific set of named accounts within Electronic Parts and be responsible for the following:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Accountability for driving revenue growth across IHS Markit's vertical business to meet or exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics to focus on market expansion and penetration
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the execution year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to effectively penetrate the market
- Providing forecasting within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all market owners on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan
- Understanding the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Create and manage sales pipeline of new business opportunities within a territory through inbound and outbound sales methods
- Strong business to business direct sales background and a proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
- Maintain a thorough understanding within the electronic part information field of industry trends, business processes, industry financial measurements, performance indicators and key competitors
- Working with Product Management to ensure proper positioning of complex solutions
- Competency in delivering price for value relative to the appropriate product solution
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 4-year College Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 8+ years of sales experience preferred
- Experience in contract manufacturing and/or component obsolescence management is highly desirable
- Demonstrated success in closing large and complex sales through knowledge, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Skilled in consultative and value selling methodology, with a deep understanding of the client's needs
- Has developed and implemented strategies for revenue growth that capitalize on the unique nature of specific environments, leveraging partner and other relationships creatively without being tied to a specific approach. Appropriately adapts and leverages products, services, and operations to effectively compete in competitive markets
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Competency using a CRM sales tool such as Sales Force to record sales activity
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all colleagues
- Cash incentive plan
- Fully remote role
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Strong client base and broad product line
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.