Sales Engineer - Enterprise Data Management
Company & Team - "About Us"
The IHS Markit EDM suite consists of a data management platform (EDM) and a data warehouse (EDM Warehouse).
The EDM platform puts quality, audited data at the center of customer's organizations. Its solutions build gold copy masters across all data types, delivering tangible data governance, risk management and compliance frameworks and rationalizing legacy architectures.
The EDM Warehouse component provides customers with the option to leverage, a predefined enterprise data model as part of its deployment. The EDM Warehouse is packaged with a library of inbound data services that allows users to populate either the entire enterprise model or individual data sets. An outbound report services layer is available to expedite delivery of information to downstream applications. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
IHS Markit EDM is currently looking for a Sales Engineer to join the team and play a key role in the future growth of IHS Markit's Financial Markets division. The successful applicant will partner with Sales and be involved in all pre-sales activities for Markit EDM and working closely with other products within the Financial Markets division. The Sales Engineer will be instrumental in demonstrating all aspects of EDM products and owning the execution of proof of concept engagements.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the team and undertake several responsibilities including but not limited to:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Work on and run demonstrations, workshops, and proof of concepts of EDM and EDM Warehouse, taking the lead, to ensure successful and timely delivery of prospective client's requirements
- Work closely with prospects to understand their challenges and business requirements across a spectrum of financial products (Equities, Fixed Income, Indices, Reference Data, OTC, Private Assets, etc.)
- Assist in the RFP completion process by providing responses to the product and technology questions
- Communicate with prospects and internal stakeholder's through-out the pre-sales lifecycle, escalating issues where appropriate
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and understanding of the product and new system functionalities in developing EDM offerings
- Understand the commercial implications and provide customer feedback to product managers for continuous improvement
- Partner with Sales, Product, Professional Services, and other business lines to create new demos and offer new solutions
- Provide coaching and training to new clients to enable transfer of knowledge so that clients are prepared for the start of a project and are competent in utilising the product as planned
- Lead business handover meetings to ensure EDM Professional Services and EDM Support group have a thorough understanding of the prospect to enable quality on-going support to new clients
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- 7+ years of industry experience
- High level of technical skills - strong level SQL is required
- Solid understanding of financial markets products, a broad understanding of the investment bank trading process, regulations, risk and operations and associated data management needs
- Commercial awareness as well as a keen understanding of financial software sales cycle's
- Experience as a Sales Engineer, Professional Services consultant, or Developer
- Experience in business analysis/consulting role is preferred
- Experience of working with data management platforms, data warehouses, reporting tools or accounting systems is preferred
- Proven experience of knowing what it takes to provide a consistently first-class customer service whilst delivering value added solutions to address customer needs
- Track record of identifying and analysing problems, identifying, and evaluating options, deploying sound decision making skills
- Able to organise self, including effective scheduling, prioritisation, and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel, completing tasks to tight deadlines.
- Displays a resilient and adaptable style, track record of remaining calm in demanding circumstances, adjusting comfortably to changing conditions / priorities
- The role would suit highly driven self-starters with a strong desire to challenge and deliver
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and a confident and articulate presenter to internal / external audiences
- Ability to build effective working relationships and establish credibility amongst a wide and sometimes demanding client group
- Preference to be fluent in French
- Ability to travel 25-40% will be required post COVID
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.