Sales Development Representative
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world's leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth. Your Role
The IHS Markit Energy Sales team requires a highly motivated sales development rep, office based in Ropemaker Street, London.
The goal of a Sales Development Rep (SDR) is to create awareness in the market and generate Sales Accepted Leads (SALs) within their assigned region by proactively identifying, nurturing and qualifying new business opportunities. He/she is accountable for comprehensive account research, mapping and prospecting as well as ensuring a smooth transition once the account becomes 'qualified'. The right candidate will be one who works well under pressure, thinks out-of-the box, easily initiates relaxed but informative two-way conversation with prospects, and is highly self-motivated. The right candidate will also understand how to assess a company's needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically.
- Help create efficiency and insight across the sales cycle of the Oil, Midstream, Downstream and Chemicals (OMDC) portfolio of products in order to achieve and exceed new business targets
- Have a clear understanding of the unique value proposition that the OMDC services represent and be able to communicate and represent to prospects
- Work with Product Management, Content, Sales and Marketing teams to identify new business and white space opportunities
- Work with other Business Units within IHS Markit to leverage existing client relationships in order to advance the agenda of OMDC
- Work on projects that will increase visibility into our addressable market and increase the efficiency of our selling efforts
- Respond, engage and qualify leads and inquiries, demonstrating the value of our offering through phone calls, email, LinkedIn and other social mediums
- Engage current users to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Schedule appointments and demos
- Work with dedicated Account Managers to identify ongoing strategic targets
- Identify key players, researching and obtaining business requirements, and presenting solutions to begin sales cycle
- Ensure successful follow through of sales cycle by maintaining accurate activity and lead qualification information in Salesforce
- Monitor past due renewals
- Work with Account Managers on renewals and flag any renewals at risk
- Work with Account Managers to put together and update account plans
- Work with Account Managers and monitor key sales and business metrics
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leads research
- Fearlessness - willing to jump on a call with new people every single day and explain IHS Markit's OMDC Value Chain as it relates to everyone you speak with
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of product selling points via web calls, email, and social media platforms
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.