As a result of increased regulatory pressure in the payment services sector, led by the Financial Conduct Authority, it is required that the finance function evolve the management of their regulatory affairs and responsibilities, looking at their capital requirements, safeguarding and agent funds estimation, This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing and innovative payments firm as a consultant for a short term project in a newly created role to set up best in class processes in the payments arena
The consultant will be required to:
- Use of deep expertise to support the Board and leadership teams in Finance and Compliance to interpret FCA guidance and prepare for upcoming changes in prudential regulation, ensuring safe conduct of business
- Undertake a project of work to review, assess and support the improvement of liquidity reporting and capital management frameworks internally, stress testing requirements and limits.
- Supporting the enhancement of process / controls within finance function to meet Prudential reporting requirements and governance/audit guidance, being the point of contact to the FCA with regards to financial matters.
- Horizon scan to review any new regulatory requirement and prepare action plans, ensuring documents are up to date and reviewed on a regular basis
- Operationalise and roll-out new process and any changes into BAU,
- Ultimately, as a completion element of the project, to assist in preparing the business and finance function for a newly created standalone FTE, to whom handover will be necessary
- Qualified Accountant - ACA/CIMA/ACCA;
- 15 years experience in regulated environment for an E money issuer
- Multiple experiences in EMI under different schemes
- Extended knowledge of FCA requirement (approach document, etc)
- Experience in control environment and gravitas to face off to senior stakeholders