SVP – Product Strategy – MIS Assessments (ESG)
As the SVP - Product Strategy you will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of MISA's product and marketing strategy including the alignment of the respective product and content strategies of MISA affiliates to meet the strategic and commercial objectives for the business. The position will report into the Global Head of MISA.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and vision in developing product strategies, including a strategic evaluation of the market and the articulation of a near, medium and long term strategy.
- Leading high profile projects, managing & overseeing activities within the team including go to market activities.
- Driving all aspects of content offerings including product roadmap, design, idea generation, testing new and enhanced features, packaging and positioning
- Establishing and managing market relationships to ensure in-depth customer and market knowledge, leveraging a "jobs to be done" approach
- Source and analyse market feedback on products and services of MISA and/or its affiliates
- Setting up necessary operational infrastructure to manage the dynamics of product expansion
- Being the subject matter expert on the Content and Product Suite of MISA and its affiliates, educating the sales force about products at team meetings
- Communicate MISA product strategy to senior management and key internal stakeholders to obtain buy-in
- Overseeing the content and product development teams consisting of analytical and product management resources
- Representing Moody's to core market communities, at company- sponsored events and third party conferences. Making sure we are present at key events
- Overseeing development/ provision of collateral materials to support customer and market engagement and drive growth
- Consulting on potential acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships in line with MISA's vision
- Overseeing competitive developments constantly and developing strategic responses as a result
- MBA and Undergraduate degree (Bachelors) required in business or finance related discipline
- Extensive strategic experience, preferably gained in Strategy Consulting or other Financial Services environment
- Significant experience in Product Management, Product Development or Strategic Planning
- Strong understanding of ESG and sustainable finance developments (preferred); ability to train and learn quickly in areas with little prior experience
- Demonstrable experience of leadership and development
- Proven ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally; ability to move projects forward through people not under immediate management
- Experience in managing a team effectively and driving change
- Knowledge and experience in design thinking, agile, and lean start-up principles
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills; ability to manage many competing priorities for the team effectively and work independently
- Fluent in English and French (desirable)
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.