Key responsibilities include:
• Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders from a business and regional perspective. This role has global coverage and requires frequent and effective communication with senior stakeholders across various key functions and teams.
• Leading senior valuation governance forums including monthly IPV, quarterly deep dives, Prudent Valuation, model validation and governance.
• Providing timely and thorough analysis and commentary for price testing and performing unauthorised trading detection controls.
• Validating the rationale of financial and regulatory valuation adjustments.
• Conducting Fair Value Measurement analysis and advisory.
• Formulating and managing the independent price verification processes.
• Approval of new product and new business reviews from a valuation perspective.
• Review and approval of valuation methodologies.
• Analyse and review control gaps in existing processes to mitigate operational risk.
To apply you should have a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or quantitative-related subject. A recognised professional accountancy or financial qualification is preferred but not essential. 8+ years of experience in a Valuation Control and Risk function. Highly numerate with excellent product, financial modelling, and risk and valuation technique knowledge. Candidates with Equity Derivatives product knowledge are strongly preferred but will also look at rates/Fx as long as its exotic products. Outstanding communication skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly to senior management.