STP Business Analyst â€" London
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
As a STP Business Analyst in our front office tech team you will liaise with portfolio managers, traders and their support staff to evolve our trading practices, develop new tech platforms, and troubleshoot problems in real time. Responsibilities:
Position Requirements: Soft Skills:
- Work with business users to develop plans for process automation, and transform those ideas into technical specs.
- Liaise with internal development team and vendors to address the enhancement requests approved.
- Perform testing including functional, regression, user acceptance, integration and performance to verify that the clientâ€™s needs are met. Perform post-production release validation testing on any new enhancements or bug fixes.
- Support users on Trading and Middle office applications.
- Resolve tactical emergencies employing your Excel and SQL skills, produce correct and meaningful data to traders and portfolio managers under time pressure, when needed.
- Create Training and Reference materials and Release Notes as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Work independently and elicit requirements.
- Make well-informed, targeted and timely decisions while demonstrating sound and accurate judgment.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Should have strong desire to continuously learn and grow professionally .
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Maths or Business/Finance.
- > 5 years proven experience in financial technology Project Management / Business Analysis leading technology related efforts.
- Understanding of fixed income and equity trading processes and related financial products and concepts is essential.
- Previous experience working in an agile environment.
- Mifid II exposure is preferable.
- Order Management systems (Bloomberg preferred) and Electronic Trading Platforms:
- SQL and database (Oracle)
- Excellent Excel
- Scripting (Python)/VBA or programming experience as nice to have.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office