SSGA Client Implementation Analyst - Level 5/Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Not Specified
- Job Type: Full time
A role in our European New Business team to assist with the on boarding and transition of new clients and fund launches.State Street
High calibre graduate with a good working knowledge of financial products and a focus on exceptional client experience sought for a position within one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers. State Street are committed to hiring from a fair and diverse array of genders and backgrounds and offering equal opportunities.
As a Client On-boarding & Implementation Analyst you will be responsible for the planning coordination and efficient implementation of new business and change events. As the key contact point for both internal and external clients you will take ownership of events and be expected to understand them to a high level of detail to ensure successful implementation.
Daily functions would include but not be limited to:
- Plan and manage the end to end process for on-boarding clients and products change events and terminations. This may include take-on / take-off activities Pooled Fund in-specie events Pooled and client Fund restructures unit switches and changes of custody.
- Providing advice and consulting with all participant parties on all aspects of account openings and client change events.
- Update and completion of event checklists and information packs for each event ensuring adherence to procedures to facilitate risk free event support.
- Work closely with the Contracting and KYC/AML teams to ensure timely completion of legal administration within planned timeframes.
- You will ensure accurate static data set up on internal systems; maintain client and portfolio reference data.
- Coordinate transaction processing including in-specie trade booking and resolution of exceptions.
- Extensive liaison with custodians to ensure the timely settlement of free-of-payment trades where necessary. Provide of status updates internally.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners.
- You will chair meetings with internal teams both in preparation for during and post event.
- Provide timely and accurate query investigation and resolution.
- Continuous focus on risk excellence and risk mitigation.
- Participate in projects as assigned.
You will interact with clients consultants counterparts custodians fund administrators investment and transition managers and other third party providers external to SSGA. Internally key interactions will be with product strategists relationship managers portfolio managers and functional teams such as compliance risk legal investment support trade support and reconciliations
You are forward thinking and look to improve the current processes and procedures. Analysts are expected to be able to work independently and as part of a team to follow issues and responsibilities through to resolution to meet deadlines and to perform well in a high pressure environment.
Education and Experience:
- Degree qualified with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Investment Operations Certificate (formerly IAQ) considered an advantage.
- Operations experience gained from an investment manager investment bank prime broker fund administrator or custodian.
- Product experience desirable: Bonds Equities FX Futures Pooled / Mutual Funds.
- You have strong analytical skills.
- You are willing to assume responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned.
- Excellent social skills with an excellent grasp of the importance of client service.
- You have the ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in delivery focused environment.
- You are able to build positive relationships with both internally and externally
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- You understand investment markets and settlement.
- An appreciation of stamp duty markets financial transaction taxes and collection of them in relation to in specie activities is desirable.
- Strong MS Windows applications specifically Excel