SQL Server Developer
- Up to GBP55000 per annum + pension
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Planet Payment
- 31 Jan 19
This is a highly visible role in a well respected team.
We have a brilliant career opportunity for a SQL Server Developer.
You will be reporting to the Head of Business Intelligence Technology.
The role is varied and exciting as you work on developing and supporting our database for a bespoke application developed internally. The database we have is on SQL server 2012 and 2017.
You will add value as you demonstrate your skills in tuning queries, developing reports using SSRS2008, 2014 and 2017, ETL and power shell scripts.
- Extensive experience in developing database objects such as tables, views, stored procedures in SQL server 20012, 2014 and 2017
- Developing reports using SSRS 2008R2, 2014 and 2017
- Developing SSIS packages for data transfers
- Strong T-SQL skills, optimization, performance tuning and debugging
- Working experience in Microsoft Excel using Pivot
- Experience in migrating reports from SSRS 2008 R2 to 2017 above
- Power BI is advantageous
- Bachelor's degree
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- This position requires ideally 3 to 5 years of experience developing relational database applications with a primary focus on complex SQL joins, creating database objects such as procedures, views, functions, good working knowledge on new SQL features provided in 2012 and above.
- Data extracts on an adhoc basis
- Analysis of the data issues on large data sets
- Developing proactive relationships with system users and provide timely support when required with excellent communication skills
- Ideally experience in a Financial services or semi financial services organisation that deal with large financial or accounting data
Nice to have
· Good to have exposure to database configuration tools like Red-gate and TFS
· Foreign language skills - desirable (Spanish, French, Italian etc)
Furthermore to succeed in this role you should
- Understand the business requirements and deliver quality code
- Follow company standards in developing database objects
- Be able to work in team and provide necessary support to team members when required
- Deliver assigned tasks with in time and quality
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Should be able to work in fast paced environment