SQL Application Support Analyst
- Salary:circa £40-50,000 (dependent on experience)
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:24 May 18
We are currently partnering with a fast-growing FinTech provider in London, whose technology underpins the product lines for one of the largest Banking organisations in the world. An excellent opportunity has arisen for a passionate SQL Application Support Analyst to join their Service Delivery team and help deliver top quality IT services to all users and customers.
This Individual will:
• Triage, investigate and resolve Service Requests and Incidents.
• Use relational databases with ability to build queries to retrieve data with filter conditions and from multiple tables using various types of join.
• Watch for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminates the problems before they happen.
• Identify improvements - making suggestions on ways to improve processes and work carried out.
• Understand priorities and objectives and take an active role in accomplishing these
• Review weekly Change Control Board results with the goal of knowing what is going into production
• Participate in deployment of changes to the live and test environment
• Identify areas of improvement and run with implementing those initiates as mini projects
• Acknowledge all inbound user tickets, logged issues, and requests
• SQL coding experience
• Ability to test and debug REST APIs and read logs
• Knowledge of security protocols, OAuth, OpenID Connect, JWT
• Experience with GIT
• Excellent written and oral communication.
• Strong degree of empathy for the customer experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues
• Understanding of DevOps processes
• Experience with monitoring tools
• Previous experience working in the Test & QA fields
• Experience using Slack (or similar tool for API Community Support and Monitoring)
• Experience within a financial services organisation
• Office 365 Exchange
• ITIL knowledge
• Commercial experience – working in a pressurised environment
• Previous experience of any of the following: -
• Prepaid / Debit / Credit cards
• On-line acquisition
• On-line banking
• Mobile servicing / Mobile payments