SPA Advisory Manager
Job Description Summary:
A manager must be capable of handling transactions with minimal involvement of a partner; must interface with client management, financiers and other professionals; know when to seek advice from other specialists and partners and demonstrate commercial ability Job Description:
• Demonstrates good commercial thinking to understand the client and the business issues.
• Takes an active part in networking events and undertakes a direct approach to target.
• Aims to build a personal network from which to generate leads.
• Is actively involved in marketing events and is an ambassador for the firm.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the full range of the firm's products, services and capabilities and takes an active role in cross selling.
• Builds an understanding of the potential for selling into clients and intermediaries.
• Seeks to participate in business development activities and contributes to sales pitches and drafting proposals.
Credibility as a representative in TAS
• Creates a positive impact with colleagues and clients, projecting a professional image.
• Takes a second level client relationship position behind associate director / partner and can fill in for an associate director as primary contact whilst they are absent.
• Understands the perspective of different clients on the same job.
• Engenders trust and respect from a range of clients by responding to client demands and keeping clients up to date on progress.
Client take on/risk management
• Resolves and identifies risk management issues and applies knowledge to manage site issues.
• Mitigates risk through review and involvement of senior people and other specialists.
• Drafts letters of engagement accurately.
• Ensures CF work is completed prior to associate director/director review prior to submission.
• Capable of writing high quality, professionally presented reports, requiring minimal input from an associate directors.
• Reviews executives output, ensuring key issues are communicated effectively.
• Seen by peers and subordinates as a reference point for advice on particular technical areas and provides on the job training to executives.
• Demonstrates an understanding of technical issues arising in an assignment, offering potential solutions and seeking advice when appropriate.
• Ensures overall team follows Core Product methodology.
• Drafts fee estimates and budgets for submission to an associate director.
• Updates the planning memo accurately.
• Manages the day-to day aspect of assignments under associate director/partner supervision.
• Keeps partners and associate directors informed of progress, draws issues to their attention and discusses conclusions with them.
• Participates in the presentation of conclusions and recommendations to the client and discusses the implications and action points.
• Monitors and manages assignment costs versus budgets, including challenging team member time charged to other departments outside of Transactions Services.
• Ensures all files are closed down on completed projects in accordance with Grant Thornton policy (including approval sign off).
• Undertakes other duties to meet the demands of the business.
Team contribution/ management
• Organises formal and informal team meetings.
• Demonstrates leadership within the team.
• Actively seeks opportunities to attend workshops to develop technical and softer skills.
• Demonstrates a clear appetite for self development through the performance review and PDP processes.
• Reviews work afterwards for learning points.
• Coaches executives and assistant Managers and provides on the job feedback.
Operations and results
• Prepares fee estimates and budgets for client assignments and can make and justify any required changes to these as the assignment progresses.
• Ensures assignments are delivered to budget and that any variances are escalated at an early stage.
• Ensures own time is utilised effectively, as well as time of employees on their assignments, and identifies opportunities to work more efficiently.
• Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum.
• Adheres to the Firm's risk management policies and is aware of changes in the Firm's approach to risk management.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
- Some experience in SPA and ideally 2 years experience from TAS background
- ACA/ACCA qualified