SOX Compliance Manager - External Audit Banking
Our client, a reputable banking organisation, has an urgent need for an external auditor with strong financial statements experience. We are looking for an external auditor to join a team that operates across the bank to drive consistent, excellent performance against the Control agenda.
The team is an integral part of bank’s increasing emphasis on maintaining and enhancing an effective control framework, to meet our business needs, meet regulatory requirements and also to deliver upon our core values and commitments to all stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
The Role is to support UK’s annual SOx process on an ongoing basis, and contribute to process improvements, with particular emphasis on:
- Review and assess adequacy of process documentation, perform design effectiveness and operating effectiveness testing and report control issues
- Drive improvements across the SOx team and the wider control environment across the Bank
- Support the Head of SOx, CCO, BUK with ad hoc tasks
- Conduct SOx Design Effectiveness Assessment (DEA)
- Conduct SOx Operating Effectiveness Testing (OET)
- Be trusted advisor on all Sarbanes Oxley matters
- Ability to analyse problems using multiple information sources to identify core issues and develop mutually satisfactory solutions.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Significant track record in External Audit preferably in Financial Services
- Experienced in identifying, documenting and testing controls for Sarbanes Oxley Regulatory Reporting purposes
- Good understanding of the COSO framework and its application to internal controls over financial reporting
- Ability to understand, implement and drive improvements to a risk & control framework
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills
- Ability to communicate conceptually challenging massages in an effective manner.
- Manage conflicting demands and priorities through stakeholder engagement, effective planning and sound judgement
- Ability to work on a number of deliverables at the same time