- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 24 May 19
SOX 404 Compliance Manager # 132215
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision. Our focus is to manage the bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through a rewarding and inclusive partnership culture.
The role will support the EMEA SOX Compliance team located in London, which is part of the Operational Risk and Control team of the Group Finance business area in the CFO division of Credit Suisse. The SOX 404 Compliance team is responsible for establishing the framework to be applied across Credit Suisse Group to enable management to review, evaluate and conclude upon the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting. This position will interact with all levels of management across multiple functional areas and the external auditors. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist to coordinate all aspects of EMEA SOX Compliance efforts including managing the annual risk assessment, materiality determination, and account/disclosure scoping process.
- Manage the annual SOX 404 process execution to ensure timely design and operating effectiveness testing and serve as first point of contact for SOX 404 guidance.
- Partner closely with process owners to document new processes and controls to be brought in SOX scope and provide subject matter expertise on design.
- Perform financial statement issue assessments, evaluate control deficiencies, and provide support and challenge in the remediation of SOX 404 issues.
- Partner closely with controls/Ops Risk team members within the different business units/functional areas.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Certified Chartered Accountant.
- Strong background in working in finance/ internal control.
- Experience in Operational Risk Control (financial reporting related), Internal Control or SOX 404 position with a strong background in internal controls.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability of interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently coupled with strong project management skills (ability to work towards tight deadlines in a project environment).
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.