- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 22 Oct 18
Jupiter are working towards ensuring all key areas SMCR regulations are met. This will cover contributing to the overall plan for SMCR as well as undertaking key tasks in relation to SMCR operating environment once the project has been delivered. Key work will be undertaken in setting the design, training the staff, help build the technology, providing assurance of the overall program and updating key documentation where required.
This role will suit someone who has been working in Compliance and want to learn more about regulatory frameworks.
Operating SMCR Framework
- Ongoing validation of framework that is agreed and set up. Specific reviews into elements of the SM framework as required.
- Ensure overall accountability map is accurate and effectively maintained
- Tracking organisational changes and how that impacts the framework including alignment with recruitment and HR system
- Lessons learned using examples internally and externally on testing the framework
- Ensure key documentation is updated such as SM Handbook and related policies such as Certification policy.
- Support and deliver ongoing training for SMCR. This will include role specific, e-learning and classroom training.
- Annual scenario-based training for SM’s and Direct reports (face-to-face), role specific training for certified staff and e-learning training for Conduct Rules.
- Support in creating business and functional requirements for a technology solution which helps operationalise SM Framework and Accountability Map
- Consider technology requirements for Certification, Competency Framework (F&P, T&C, Onboarding and Screening), Conduct Rules and Reasonable Steps
Reporting & MI
- Co-ordinate the work in creating business and functional requirements for relevant MI and reporting. This should align with reasonable steps outputs.
- Key MI & Reporting requirements for Certification & Conduct Rules for Senior Management
- Drive requirements for formal notification and reporting to FCA in relation to Conduct Rule breaches
- Identify key themes and potential gaps in how SM’s are addressing reasonable steps under the framework ensuring these are shared with all SMs.
- Assurance reviews over key elements of the framework such as approach to handover, governance and importantly statements of understanding between Senior Managers
- Assist in ensuring that prescribed responsibility around oversight and implementation of the regime is met by the CEO including key assurance work where required
- Provide ongoing advice to non-executive SM’s in relation to SMCR framework
- Work with each non-executive SM to ensure an effective reasonable steps process is in place
- Ensure there is a clear articulation in defining responsibilities between Chairs of Committees and corresponding executives
- Ongoing tracking of staff in scope of certification regime. Including ensuring joiners and leavers and role changes are captured
- Work with Employment Legal to implement a process around regulatory referencing of certified staff
- Ongoing advice around definitions of certified staff, client dealing function, material risk takers etc
- Co-ordinate and operationalise processes for certification (including system)
- Work with HR to define screening policy and approach to screening including performance management processes
- Assist in ensuring that the prescribed responsibility around certification is met and SM can discharge their accountability
- Ongoing tracking of staff in scope of conduct rules. Including ensuring joiners and leavers and role changes are captured.
- Assist in ensuring that the prescribed responsibility around conduct rules is met and SM can discharge their accountability
- Implement process around identification and capture of potential and confirmed conduct rule breaches
- Work with Legal in creating a materiality framework and structure to determine whether a conduct rule breach has occurred aligning to disciplinary process
- Understanding of Compliance/Asset management regulation.
- Some assurance background preferable.
- Good written skills
Jupiter is one of the UK’s leading fund management companies. Jupiter provides investment services to individual and institutional investors through mutual funds (UK unit trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs), separately managed accounts and sub-advised funds. Jupiter has experienced a period of international growth with offices open in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sweden, Italy and Spain.
Jupiter is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunities employer.