SIEM Content Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 19
SIEM Content Engineer
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
As a member of the Cybersecurity Operations team, the SIEM Content Engineer will provide operational oversight for security technologies in the event monitoring environment including log management and Security Information and Event Management. The SIEM Content Engineer is responsible for evaluating logs for new technologies, defining how the logs should be parsed to make it usable for detection rules on the SIEM platform and writing new detection rules. The SIEM Content Engineer is also a key consultant on the security controls in the environment, and works closely with other IT and business areas to ensure sound and consistent implementation of security within IT infrastructure and general business process. The candidate must have experience with SIEM and log management technologies.
- Ensures stability and resiliency of Cybersecurity products and services
- Designs, analyzes, develops and/or delivers Cybersecurity products and services
- Host use case workshops with application and system owners to identify attack vectors and write monitoring rules to detect attacks in the environment.
- Employs approved defense-in-depth principles along the kill chain to eliminate risk and vulnerabilities and improves security controls
- Partners with the business to prioritize and deliver capabilities as defined by the strategic roadmap
- Proactively manages relationships with stakeholders through effective communications Takes lead on the identification of threats and risks to drive the selection of cost effective security controls
- Capable of performing technical and non-technical (people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments and supports incident response
- Leads incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments
- Executes research and development of proof of concept in line with emerging industry trends
- Coordinating and conducting event collection, log management, event management, compliance automation, and identity monitoring activities.
- Use of ArcSight ESM and Splunk in the daily operational work and workflow and being the subject matter expert for the end customer
- Advising SOC Manager on best practices and use cases on how to use SIEM to achieve end state requirements
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expert in their field; keeps technical skills current, participates in multiple forums
- Subject matter expert on SIEM and writing detection rules on the platform
- Scripting or programming experience in at least 1 object oriented language
- In depth hands-on experience with security features and audit policies on Linux, Unix, and Windows operations systems
- Working knowledge of different CLIs (Windows & *nix) for administration of Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web and applications, including knowledge of remediation procedures
- Able to work independently or in a team to create and optimize fraud detection rules
- Strong working knowledge of operations practices, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements and threats and vulnerabilities in the context of Cybersecurity as well as incident response handling methodologies as they apply
- Strong knowledge of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics as they relate to Cybersecurity and specifically in the financial industry
- Strong understanding of Agile, with the ability to work under at least one of the common frameworks
- May be multi-skilled across the full range of team functions
- Knowledge of what constitutes a network attack and the relationship to both threats and vulnerabilities along with the ability to identify systemic security issues
- Provides in-depth analysis of vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation with skill in using network analysis tools.
- Compliance required for local, country, and/or region specific standards for credentials, certifications and/or training.
- Experience of mainframe and mid-range platforms an advantage
- Proficient in the mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and companywide standards
- Has broad understanding of at least one business area and product that they support and knowledge about the business' strategic direction
- Project Management, Customer Service and Technical Writing duties
- 5+ years security engineering experience in mid-sized to large organizations, with emphasis on security operations, incident management, intrusion detection, firewall deployment and security event analysis.
- 3+ years with SIEM and Log Management technologies specific to Splunk and/or ArcSight.
- Proficient and proven track record of delivering Cybersecurity products and services within a business domain
- Solid experience in supporting and improving Cybersecurity and/or technology controls to support the business
- BSc of Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience with 3-5 of the following security technologies including:
- Security Incident and Event Monitoring (SIEM - Splunk ES, ArcSight, QRadar, etc)
- Host and perimeter firewalls
- Host and network intrusion detection systems
- Logging and monitoring tools
- Antivirus or end-point security
- Data loss prevention, privileged access management
- Identity and access management
- Database access monitoring
- Vulnerability scanning
- Network full packet capture
- Preferred Product/Vendor Certifications in Splunk & ArcSight
- Preferred Industry Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you'll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.