EDHEC Infrastructure Institute (EDHECinfra) is looking for a Senior Consultant (ALM & PRUDENTIAL RISK – INFRASTRUCTURE) to join its London team and contribute to the development of a new index data and analytics business.
EDHEC Infrastructure Institute (EDHECinfra) is looking for a Senior Consultant (Regulation) to join its London team and contribute to the development of a new index data and analytics business.
EDHECinfra is a team of 20 people based in Singapore and London, that creates and delivers exciting new data to the private infrastructure investment sector. Created in 2016 at EDHEC Business School, EDHECinfra has launched an index platform in 2019 that is now used by major investors around the world to research and benchmark their infrastructure portfolio and strategy.
Based in our London office (near Saint Paul’s), the Senior Consultant will work towards establishing the EDHECinfra indices as the central reference of the unlisted infrastructure universe. This work includes interacting with regulators, auditors, governments, consultants and investors at a senior level, producing opinions and position papers and disseminating key research findings for the financial industry.
- Advanced degree in finance (PhD not essential but can be an asset)
- Strong command of theoretical finance concepts and methods including applications to risk and asset management, ALM, asset valuation, etc.
- Proven track record of high-quality written work including published articles in the professional and mainstream press
- Proven public speaking track record at high-profile industry events
- Experience with policy setting bodies including international financial institutions and prudential regulators (EIOPA, Basel Committee, etc)
- Experience working with the economic regulators of various infrastructure sectors (Water, Energy, Transport) and deep understanding of infrastructure economics and risks
- Good grasp of the methods and approaches used to measures key variables in different regulatory frameworks, from the cost of capital of utilities to Solvency-II VaR models.
- Deep knowledge of investment practices (risk management, liability-driven investment) of pension plans and insurers
The Reality Check:
- Our work aims to create a fully-fledged infrastructure asset class with a high degree of transparency and well documented track-record. To do this job well you need to want this to happen and feel that it is your mission, as part of the team, to make it happen.
- Public speaking is a big part of the job. Like any good performer, you will have to rehearse and deliver a well-honed speech that elevates the debate, resonates with the audience, stays with people and includes some good jokes.
- Writing insightful, short and sharp copy on LinkedIn or in the FT is not just a pass-time and can be done systematically and intelligently to raise awareness to our brand and product. This is part of your job.
- The most important thing is to convince regulators and investors that they are better off with well-defined, representative infrastructure investment benchmarks than not. It requires a good understanding of what prudential and economic regulators, auditors, and investors do, and the ability to engage with them at the right level.
Location: London, travel required to the US, Europe several times a year.
Seniority: 5 to 10 years of professional experience
A UK work permit is necessary.
Applicants can contact Frederic Blanc-Brude (email@example.com)
About EDHECinfra: https://edhec.infrastructure.institute/mission