SENIOR ASSOCIATE, COMPLIANCE
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- River and Mercantile Group
- 30 Jan 18 2018-01-30
River and Mercantile Group PLC (R&M) is a Solutions and Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our Solutions Division provides Advisory and Fiduciary services to a large client base predominantly in the UK, primarily institutional pension schemes, both DC and DB and insurance firms. Our Asset Management activities currently focus on Equities, Derivatives and Multi-Asset Solutions serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
We have a clear focus on delivering outcome-orientated investment. Understanding the needs of our clients and crafting the right investment solutions for them requires talented, ambitious professionals to be part of the drive to take forward our business.
Our 250 people work with institutional pension funds, insurers and retail investors to tailor investments and manage the associated risks. In total, we manage £31bn of assets, including notional, and consult on a further £25bn.
Our employees are drawn from a diverse range of specialisms from across the financial services spectrum, their experience spanning entry-level to seasoned executives. Our multi-national, multilingual teams have backgrounds as actuaries, fund managers, derivatives traders, investment bankers, accountants, systems developers and in insurance, legal and regulatory fields.
This makes us a firmly established yet enterprising company with a dynamic team ethos, not afraid to exploit the creative freedom to develop new ideas and push the leading edge of award-winning investment thinking.
River and Mercantile Group is listed in the premium segment of the official list of the FCA and traded on the London Stock Exchange.
River and Mercantile Group serves a large client base predominantly in the UK. Our subsidiary companies, P-Solve Investments Limited and River and Mercantile Asset Management LLP are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
This role will be working under the P-Solve Investments Limited entity.
Overview of the role
The Candidate’s primary focus will be P-Solve Investments Limited but they will be required to be flexible and assist other areas of the business as and when required as part of RMG’s Legal, Compliance and Risk Department.
- Implementing and conducting a risk-based Compliance Monitoring Programme (e.g. best execution, transaction reporting, s.36 advice letter reviews and AML checks).
- Working with various business areas to obtain required input and assistance with Compliance monitoring testing.
- Submitting regulatory returns to the FCA via GABRIEL.
- Submitting FCA applications (e.g. Form As).
- Dealing with gifts and PA dealing requests.
- Identifying and reporting instances of non-compliance and liaising with the business to ensure any required remedial actions are undertaken.
- Communicating with and assisting all areas of the business, where required, on general compliance matters.
- Preparing compliance related management information.
- Assisting in the design, implementation and periodic review of policies and procedures.
- Conducting compliance reviews of marketing materials such as quarterly reports, fund factsheets, company presentations, press releases, blog posts and tweets.
Knowledge and Experience
- 3 years minimum generalist compliance experience in a FCA regulated investment management firm or regulatory consultancy.
- Degree in Law/Finance/Accounting would be an advantage.
- A regulatory or risk background is essential.
- Solid exposure in Compliance Monitoring.
- Familiarity with the FCA handbook (e.g. COBS, SUP, IFPRU), MiFID II and EMIR.
- A confident and engaging personality with an initiative led approach to work.
Remuneration and benefits package:
In addition to offering a competitive salary, this position attracts the following benefits package:
- Basic salary reviewed annually
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement increasing with tenure, ability to buy extra holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Commitment to personnel development including professional study support to complete appropriate qualifications and in house training.
River and Mercantile Group operate as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of race, colour, age, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job. All appointments are subject to the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references; a personnel vetting check; and a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Standard Disclosure Check.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.