SAP Technology Director
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
SAP Technology Director
Technology Advisory - Director SAP Enabled transformation - UK # LI-P
Looking to help lead us drive multinational businesses address challenges in the digital era?
EY Technology sits within the Advisory Performance Improvement team and aims to be recognised as a leading provider of differentiated technology consulting services harnessing new disruptive technology, alliances and talented people to solve our client's issues. We are looking for talented people who can help us achieve this!
Having undergone a paradigm shift in recent years, SAP offers an innovative high-performance real-time platform and solutions which meet the needs of end-to-end digitised enterprises. Our EY SAP team is focused on working with our clients to leverage these SAP innovations and create business value. This could for example mean:
- Re-defining a finance functions financial processes based on S/4HANA to reduce both Opex and Capex,
- Optimising Sales & Operations planning by utilising the possibilities of granular and real-time forecasting and analytics to improve insight and decision making, or
- Creating strategic insight by adopting SAP predictive analytics to better understand customer behaviour and prevent potential customer churn whilst growing the top line.
Your key responsibilities
At Director level, a large proportion (70%) of your time will be meeting with senior stakeholders of leading UK businesses. You'll also be responsible for managing teams and delivering high quality work (30%).
You will therefore be:
- Highly motivated
- A good communicator with the ability to convey complex technical content in business language to board level
- A team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognises the value in developing others
- Act as mentor and counsellor to strengthening the team.
Skills and attributes for success
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- SAP software solutions - Underpinned with strong functional process knowledge and an ability to contextualise technology and deliver business value
- System integration skills
- Testing skills for strategy development and oversight of execution
- Solution architecture skills
- Designing and delivering SAP solutions (incl. evidence of displaying thought leadership) in one or more of the following areas: S/4HANA Finance, S4/HANA Supply Chain, SAP Success Factors, Concur, Fieldglass, SAP Ariba, SAP GRC, SAP Leonardo
To qualify for the role you must have
- The ability to structure teams, lead work streams and architect analytics solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build 'Trusted Adviser' relationships
- A deep understanding of the Technology Development Lifecycle
- Strong experience with Waterfall, Hybrid-Agile and Agile methods (eg. Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
- Willingness to travel as required in relation to working at Client Sites on specific engagements
- Functional skills in Oracle suite, Blue Prism, Pega Open Span, UiPath, Automation Anywhere
- Functional skills in other platforms over time including MS Dynamics, JDA, Kinaxis
Ideally, you'll also have
- Experience in complex SAP delivery
- A progressive approach to SAP implementation, experience of SAP solution architecture
- An understanding of the SAP roadmap and industry trends
- Exposure to the given market would be advantageous
What we look for
Core consulting skills
Client management, analysis, presentation & facilitation, commerciality.
Strong technical insight, practical knowledge & capability in your specialist capability.
Market/ Sector knowledge
Demonstrable market/ sector expertise in your field.
You will be comfortable working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, where you operate collaboratively with clients to help them digitize their business processes utilizing the latest SAP technology. You will add value by contextualizing, designing and delivering solutions within your domain expertise, you are expected to continuously develop your skills and product knowledge, staying up-to-date with SAP's innovations and leveraging this to provide thought leadership and creative solutions.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.