Risk & Technical Business Analyst (German speaking)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- iwoca Ltd
- 20 Apr 19
Risk & Technical Business Analyst (German speaking)
Who are we?
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe's 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we're still near the start of our journey - our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Data is central to everything we do: it drives our risk engine, enables us to develop cutting-edge UX and provides the insights we need to continuously become a better company. Our Analytics team develops cutting edge algorithms using statistical modelling and machine learning techniques; Python (Pandas, NumPy and SciPy) is our language of choice to deliver data-driven solutions. Working in a relaxed, collaborative and flexible environment, we give everyone the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the business. You will be expected to derive meaningful and actionable insights from our data as well as develop the innovative technologies behind our platform.
Whilst anchored in the Technology & Analytics team, the Business Analyst (BA) role sits at the crossroads between data & risk analytics and business operations. You'll be responsible for facilitating collaboration between both teams, working across a range of diverse projects, some strategic and others more tactical (the balance will be shaped over time). For example, you could be analysing data to provide actionable insights to our operational teams, working on the next iteration of our scorecard and risk engine, and managing the technical aspects of a product integration with a commercial partner.
What we're looking for:
- Top-notch degree at a leading university in a highly quantitative subject (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, Finance or Engineering)
- Strong working knowledge of Python/Pandas (preferable) or R, Matlab
- Experience in practical data processing, data visualization & information retrieval
- Someone who is organised and proactive, possessing great communication skills and a keen to interact with various teams within iwoca. You'll have to manage stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the roadmap, etc.) and be able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams (Tech & Analytics, country operations teams, Marketing, etc.)
- Proven ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems or challenges, and develop the best solutions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, able to extract clarity from ambiguity
- A good command of German is essential - you must be able to comfortably communicate in German
- Smart, humble and motivated
- Keen to push yourself and develop your own skills, while also contributing towards iwoca's growth and success!
You'll join a growing team of smart, humble and motivated people, all passionate about learning and developing themselves and united in their passion to grow an amazing business that revolutionises business finance.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we're right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
- Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
- A calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
- Flexible working, including flexible hours and working from home days - all made easy with video conferencing and Slack