Risk & Controls- Business Analyst/Project Manager Emagine is a global professional services consultancy and solutions firm. Our London & Paris offices specialise in driving innovation of technology and business for the banking and financial services sector. We are currently looking for dynamic individuals to join our Change and Transformation practice on an array of change programmes across the Risk and controls domain.
We are looking for individuals whom have significant operational risk experience, having had responsibility for risk, process and control risk analysis & design. You will have a good understanding of a broad range of financial products and regulatory requirements.
The team look at 1st and 2LOD (Line of Defence) and ensuing that all lines of business have clear controls in place to avoid trading issues, rogue training, risk breaks, regulatory impacts.
The team look at various business lines and product working with the BAU stakeholders COO and Business Risk and control officers, desk heads.
- Inputting into and executing against internal governance, policy, standards and procedures and ensuring external requirements, including regulatory requirements are met;
- Providing strong independent assessment, challenge and solutions in partnership with the businesses and functions
- Point of contact for IHC Market Risk for IB Risk Oversight, including coordination of IHC Key Risk Assessments and representation at relevant forums and committees
- Able to anticipate, prevent & detect risk & control problems
- Assist in coordinating information in response to regulatory and audit requests
- Ensure data quality in support of regular Management Information production
- Monitor & assess effectiveness of Risk controls & mitigating tools. Assist and advise on remediation and corrective actions where appropriate.
- Self-assessment (RCSA) execution, management & challenge.
- Operational Risk Event Monitoring: root cause analysis & reporting.
- Assist in developing and maintaining new or existing Market Risk Standards.
- Ensuring three lines of defence accountability's are understood and adhered to.
- Execution of control programs & initiatives.
- Issues management: Identify report & tracking controls MIS.
- Working closely with senior management and colleagues in developing & prioritising strategic change plans.
- Stakeholder management and leadership
- Ability to manage stakeholders to build/influence and challenge
Key Skills and Experience:
To succeed in this role you will need:
- The successful applicant will be expected to work to help embed strong and sustainable governance as well as risk & controls framework, processes and culture across Key Accountability's
- IB Markets Front Office, Middle Office, Operations, Risk, Controls, Audit, Compliance and/or Product Control Experience desired
- Change agent, with a proven ability to drive forward & effect strategic change
- Decision making and problem solving
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review, digest and then challenge a wide range of Risk and Pricing model related information, ranging from technical (e.g. models) concepts to controls and process descriptions
- Control mindset, with a strong understanding of the importance of a robust governance and control structure, and what that means for an investment bank Risk function
- Strong project management skills and be able to handle potential multiple projects and work streams concurrently