Risk Platform Developer (Giraffe/Zoo) VP
Banking today is a technology business, where digital ingenuity creates competitive advantage. At Credit Suisse, we are committed to delivering world-class technology innovation that enables our clients to reach their goals. CS's technology team is a critical commercial differentiator, creating products and services that enable the flow of financial information across the globe. We handle big challenges and create new products, using the latest technology to drive value for our business. We strive to provide applications that are robust, reliable and secure while continuously adapting to meet the evolving needs of clients both internally and externally. Our future depends on identifying and hiring the best people technologists in the financial world and bringing them together to serve our clients' needs. We offer an exemplary culture and a great working environment that nurtures collaboration and partnership; rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurialism.
We, in the Zoo development team, are building ground-breaking software solutions to support Credit Suisse's award-winning Giraffe Risk Platform. Our suite of applications serve Equities and an ever-growing number of businesses globally. Our platform generates the risk numbers that traders use to hedge their portfolios and feeds the official daily risk numbers downstream for the rest of the bank.
Our engineering led working style focuses on delivering value through technical excellence and close customer collaboration. In small co-located teams, we are able to communicate with ease and promote a positive working environment centred around the developer experience. We believe that high quality software is a result of nurturing and investing in our talent.
Currently, in the Zoo, we are migrating our existing monolithic systems to a cloud-friendly, microservices-based architecture. Our team's goal is to better adapt and respond at a faster pace in order to drive our business forward. Your strong engineering focus and everything-as-code approach will help us produce a more flexible and maintainable estate. To that end, we value self-organizing teams who can develop a concept to production and beyond. We truly believe in the "you build it, you run it" approach.
- Collaborative and flexible working environment
- Complex IT and business problems to solve
- Vast technical playground
- Opportunities to invest in new services & emerging technology
- Experience in operating mission critical software
- Work closely with senior IT & Business Management to define platform strategy
All Zoo development teams are empowered to select the best tools for the job and use an iterative, agile, test driven approach. Our current stacks include:
- NoSQL (Elastic, Mongodb, Cassandra)
- Messaging (Artemis, Kafka)
- Infrastructure (Nomad, Terraform, Consul)
- Metrics (Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, Kapacitor)
This role is open to discussion regarding flexible / agile working You Offer
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate efficiently across all levels.
- An aptitude in learning complex domains and problem solving skills.
- Broad commercial software development experience across a variety of domains and technical stacks.
- Expertise in test driven, agile software development and associated tools/technologies.
- You are passionate about clean code, innovative engineering and customer value, then we would love to talk to you about joining our team! We rely on your diverse set of talents, unique approach and personal touch to build outstanding client solutions.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
For more information visit Technology Careers