Risk Manager and Approver
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
Risk Manager and Approver
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18079944
Risk Manager and Approver
Competitive Salary Offered
Working in a growing Commercial Banking risk management area.
Commercial Bank in UK is a new Business, started one year ago with high growth potential, with a client segment on the larger end of the middle market, who have complicated needs in financial markets. There is a new and growing team coming from different parts of the company and the domestic market. We are looking for candidates who would challenge themselves in this new and growing business.
• Risk Management team member in London to approve credit and manage risk
• Provide this by determining the credit risk appetite and considering the target market and RAC
• Keep balance between risk and return
• Maintain accurate and well documented due diligence in light of all policies and rules including client visits
• Provide oversight in credit origination, credit analysis, credit approval, facility enrichment, document, collateral and facility administration, credit program, early warning, remedial management\
• Perform active risk management with all controls like post approval controls to be in place and participate in Internal Audit and FCR reviews
• Aligned with business strategies to be involved in similar discussions by training and guiding CLM and sales teams,
• Support early warning activities continuously
• Active involvement in all portfolio reviews, risk reporting and data integrity efforts, ad hoc or regular stress test studies, red zone, greenlight, approved elsewhere, remedial management, credit officer assessment, collateral management, leverage lending, post loan review and product monitoring such as VCA, trade, receivable backed finance and borrowing base
• Lead country appendix, derivative certification and procedure renewals as well as CCAR, COMPAC and COC processes
• Also manage all credit and risk management related tasks including cyber, fraud, operational risk and regulatory risk assigned by CCB UK Risk Head or RRH
Experience the growth in a new market and Business with challenges on the team building and training, organisation, with visibility on stress events in the country.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• years of experience in different areas of credit risk, portfolio management and approval
• Extensive knowledge and experience of credit, CMO, trade, cash management, markets products
• Superior risk assessment and judgement skills
• Leadership, teamwork and coaching
• Fully conversant in credit policy, risk principles and risk culture
• University grade in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Engineering or other Business studies with deep knowledge in credit
• Have Independent Risk SCO approval authority
• Demonstrated the above including problem recognition, strong technical skills to recognize and address major risk types, including market, operational and cross border
• Fully conversant in risk and regulatory capital issues, as they relate to transactions, portfolios and businesses
• Good knowledge of UK market and industries, customer needs, general banking products
• Complete knowledge of capital markets, trade, cash management and markets products
• Has shown clear early warning and remedial experience
• Ability and experience to clearly and proactively communicate in verbal and written form to both internal and external; clients and peers
• Demonstrated integrity, independence, leadership, judgement and ability to balance risk and reward
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with proper collaboration
• Good written and spoken English
Please be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Closing Date: April 23, 2019