Risk Manager – Credit Documentation
- Market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Saxton Leigh
- 23 Apr 19
Our client is a subsidiary of an international bank, with offices based in the City. They specialise in both wholesale and retail banking.
- Prepare and negotiate facility agreements and associated security documentation in relation to corporate and mortgage facilities which include trade finance, structured trade finance, project finance based on LMA standards.
- Review standard legal agreements and security documentation for consistency, timeliness, accuracy and completeness to capture credit approval terms and conditions. In this process, assess key risk issues and seek internal or external legal advice where appropriate.
- Prepare and negotiate master risk participation agreements, ISDA documentation, pre-payment agreements and other associated facility and security documentation in relation to financial institutions.
- Lead the legal documentation due diligence by liaising with internal and external legal counsel as and when required in the review of facility and security documentation. Check and sign facility and security documentation in compliance with the Bank’s documentation policy.
- Contribute to the preparation of final terms and conditions of approval and transaction dynamics sheet from a legal documentation perspective working closely with the front office to communicate the approval terms to the appropriate operations team.
- Assess the documentation risk in a transaction and provide relevant advice in pre-deal discussions
- Take responsibility for the safe custody of facility and security documents and maintaining the register, ensuring all respective expiry dates and deadlines are adhered to.
- Take responsibility for the review and maintenance of documentation procedures from time to time
- The ideal candidate should possess adequate legal documentation experience within the financial services industry, preferably with direct experience of working in an African financial institution.
- Relevant experience in the preparation and negotiation of facility & security documentation.
- Strong knowledge of review of legal documentation for the following business lines will be a strong advantage
- Ability to project manage entire legal documentation due diligence from end to end to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Medium to advanced level of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook skills
For further information please contact Marcus Courtney