Octopus Property is one of the industry's leading specialist lenders in the Real Estate industry with an impressive track record and numerous awards. With a highly experienced team and a clear vision for growth, now is an exciting time to join the business as we continue to the next phase of our journey. We are looking for a talented Risk Manager to join the team.
This role will work closely with compliance which combined, operates as a valued and integral part of the business. The goal is to protect the business by embedding a risk culture, promoting customer obsession, and exemplifying Octopus' core values: Straight forwardness; Boldness; and Helpfulness. The risk and compliance team has a broad remit, covering all parts of the firm's property business in line with the ever expanding business which is rapidly growing in size. Requirements include:
- Analyse temporary and emerging risks as a result of internal change, growth and external events, including ensuring timely updates to process maps, policy and procedure manuals and risk maps where required.
- Analyse risks in each team and ensure processes, systems and controls are adequately documented.
- Liaise with relevant teams following reported loss events and near miss incidents to determine the root cause and evaluate the business risk arising from such incidents.
- Devise and recommend process and control improvements necessary to reduce operational risk highlighted by reported incidents.
- Undertake ad hoc business risk reviews as required, advising on business processes, incident history and risk trends.
- Manage/Collaborate with approximately 5 risk champions across the business.
- To provide risk MI and insight to inform senior management and the board, in line with the risk governance framework. This includes the production of the monthly/ quarterly KPI and reporting packs.
- Manage operational risk incident inputs monitoring and reporting, root cause analysis and identification of emerging trends.
- Assisting with the wider compliance related tasks.
This would be great position for someone looking to step up from an operational risk analyst role or transitioning from a first line operational role. We will need you to have;
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Risk Manager working in the Financial Services industry
- Experience in managing / liaising with Risk Co-Ordinators / Champions.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the department.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience of devising and delivering Risk related training is beneficial.
- Extremely organised and ability to prioritise their workload, always being one step ahead.
- Willingness to be hands-on as necessary.
- Team player with a can-do attitude.
- Must be curious and seek to instil automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate.
And to really stand out from the crowd
- Relevant experience in the property lending industry would be beneficial.
- Be well organised, methodical, flexible and adaptable to changing needs.
- Think creatively and innovatively about how to do things better.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and prioritise and ever-changing workload.
- Have a high level of attention to detail reacting quickly, when needed, to make sound decisions.
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
- We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
- We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
- We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
- We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and we're always learning, adapting and improving.
- We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer
Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions.