- Salary:£450 per day
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:13 Sep 18
My Client is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. They are Looking for a Risk Manager to join their team.
Overview of the Role
Provide input into, and support senior management in the development of, the design, measurement, evaluation and reporting of enterprise risk across all areas of the business globally, and report clear risk information to the Board Risk Committee, and the Executive Committee, upon which business decisions may be made. The role
combines elements of both remediation and “business as usual”.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the embedding of a culture of risk management throughout the business on a global basis by actively cultivating and maintaining key relationships, in particular with senior stakeholders. Manage the design of and maintain a robust training strategy and programme to support senior stakeholders and their teams in this objective and demonstrate to management the benefits to be derived from such a culture.
- Manage and input into the development, design, management and maintenance of my clients enterprise risk framework, incorporating management tools, techniques and reports to support the business, ExCo, BRC and regulators. These include, but are not limited to: risk appetite, policy management, governance effectiveness oversight, horizon scanning, risk and control self- assessment, key indicators and internal and external risk event evaluation.
- Manage the on-going development and production of the my clients Global Holdings Asset Management Limited (HGHAML) ICAAP through the collation of risk data and coordination of operational risk workshops with senior stakeholders. Actively look to enhance the process and embed into day to day risk management decisions in the business.
- Represent Enterprise Risk in presentations to prospective and existing clients, committees and boards, as appropriate, and through membership of relevant control committees.
- Manage the development of a framework and approach for Enterprise Risk’s support and challenge in relation to the firm’s Strategy setting and strategic initiatives, to ensure that risks are properly considered in all material decisions.
- Develop, manage and maintain excellent and insightful reporting packs for all appropriate corporate and fund boards. Risk reporting needs to be focussed and drive management action where necessary.
- Develop and maintain a risk and control thematic/deep dive review framework and methodology. This will incorporate reviews in appropriate areas of the business, either in a standalone capacity or as part of the Combined Assurance Methodology (CAM) operated with Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the GRC system. This will in part be through the delivery of an effective governance working group. Ensure that the Risk training programme includes appropriate materials and mechanisms to equip the business to effectively manage their risk profile through the system.
- Manage and co-ordinate processes required to demonstrate continuing effectiveness of my clients control environment to meet the requirements of the Combined Code and the ‘Annual Report on Internal Controls’ (ISAE 3402). Manage the implementation of a strategic global internal control standard for the firm.
- Maintain awareness of developments in enterprise risk techniques in the industry, provide ‘thought-leadership’ to senior management on issues relevant to my clients business profile and as a result, build enhanced frameworks and methodologies to enable risk management decisions.
- Develop and mentor more junior team members to ensure that development opportunities are maximised and appropriate levels of support are provided.
- Support the Enterprise Risk Team to discharge their responsibilities and cove