Risk Management Analyst
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Risk Management Analyst The Risk Management Analyst monitors, manages & prevents risks within clearing house & financial system. This includes monitoring of multiple factors within the markets & multiple levels of CME facing customers to ensure adequate CME protections are in place, managing of risks through tolerance analysis, margin analysis & customer or product specific analysis. He/She prevents risk via communication with the Clearing House Risk Senior Management Team. Principal Accountabilities:
- Learn, understand, assess risk, and establish new products within the risk systems as they are proposed through launch.
- Prepare, coordinate, attend, & record all information that pertains to risk reviews that are applicable to their firms for a given year. Monitor the risk practices of each of the Clearing House's FCM counter parties with both FCM Sr. Management & CH Sr. Management.
- Produce timely reports based on a variety of request from Clearing House Sr. Management. These reports can be product, asset class, FCM or customer specific.
- Responsible for Variation Monitoring, Margin Monitoring, Large Trader Monitoring, Globex account position accumulation monitoring, Stress Testing Monitoring, OTC Trade Activity Monitoring, Cross Margin Monitoring, Concentration risk monitoring, Expiration risk monitoring, Credit Limit Monitoring
- Review products & determine adequate margin coverage for each product as well as any margin offsets that we provide to the market based on the risk characteristics of the positions. Combinations are based on individual products, intra & inter-product spreads numbers.
- Serve in the front line of our support system for customers who are looking to gather information on their current margins, what their margin changes would be and how to use our margining tool called PC-Span. Provide support and answers to a number of general Clearing House related questions based on department knowledge and ability to help customers in a timely manner.
Education and Required Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Finance, Engineering, Economics or Maths
- Experience in middle office, risk or trading within a bank or buyside trading firm
- Commodities experience a plus (Energy, Metals, Ags etc)
- Knowledge of options and options greeks a plus
- Good understanding of futures and the role clearing and exchanges play in the financial world
See Job Description