Risk IT Senior Business Analyst
Lunalogic UK is looking for an experienced Risk IT Business Analyst to work within the Risk Systems teams of one of our prestigious Investment Banking clients to support Risk function focussing on the implementation of risk methodologies consisting of the design, build, test and support of software applications and services to serve RISK and Trading Business users.
Job description As a Business Analyst you will provide risk domain expertise to assist the project managers in their planning and tracking of projects in line with the project governance of the department encompassing the following tasks:
- Requirements gathering and functional architecture design:
- Work with Quant teams, Risk Managers, Front Office to understand and document business requirements, document changes to technology systems and contribute to functional architecture of software systems.
- Use desktop tools to extract and analyse data to understand current state and specify changes o Use diagrams to communicate different aspects of functional architecture to stakeholders
- Technical solution facilitation: Work closely with development teams within RS to ensure requirements are understood and technology solutions are designed and built to a high quality standard
- Testing Strategy and Orchestration: Design and execute testing plans for solutions to validate that business requirements have been met and system performance meets expectations
- Transition: Work with RISK SYSTEMS Service Transition to manage the deployment of new solutions to production environments, including user on-boarding and training as well as supporting the development of operating models
- Ad-hoc Analysis: o Support the management in providing analysis to help the bank respond to regulatory enquires or estimate potential cost and complexity of future software deliveries
- Presentation and Reporting tailored to specific audiences to keep sponsors and stakeholders informed of progress
You will additionally be expected to acquire and continually develop your understanding of: Regulatory frameworks for financial institutions, financial derivatives and pricing, software delivery lifecycle methodology, key strategic objectives and ongoing initiatives which impact RISK, Systems and analysis tools role
Candidate profile : Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent academic background (strong mathematical, analytical and quantitative skills are advantageous)
- Proven BA experience
- Strong knowledge of Market and Counterparty Risk disciplines.
- Good understanding of software project delivery
- Understanding and experience of working with IT systems, coupled with an ability and curiosity to understand key aspects of risk methodologies.
- SQL knowledge is necessary and Software development experience is a plus.
- Proficient written & oral communication with the ability to tailor presentation of complex information to a range of different audiences o Excellent organisational and time management skills o Excellent spoken and written English (French would be a plus)
- Motivation and ability to work collaboratively as part of a global team
- Motivation and drive to develop a career in technology in financial institutions
- Strong work ethic and exemplary conduct in line with the client's values
- Proactive and structured approach to addressing or resolving problems, taking initiative and showing high levels of responsibility to see issues through to resolution
- Challenges the 'status-quo' to drive improvements for the team and think out of the box
- Curious, able to learn quickly and results driven