Risk Analytics COO – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Risk Management Division is responsible for the independent identification, analysis, reporting and escalation of all market, credit and operational risk exposures arising from UK Group business activities, acting independently of business management and providing an effective challenge process.
As part of the EMEA Risk Management Division, the Risk Analytics Department develops and monitors internal and regulatory risk models for market, credit and operational risks. EMEA Risk Analytics professionals are located in London and Budapest and work closely with Front Office Quantitative Strategists, Risk Managers and Model Risk Management across the relevant model areas.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Vice President to join the Risk Analytics Department as its Chief Operating Officer. This role involves directly supporting the EMEA and UK Group Head of Risk Analytics in the execution of the Department’s mandate and strategy.
The primary responsibilities are:
• Assist the Head of Risk Analytics to ensure the Department is run in an efficient and effective manner
• Manage and track of key Risk Analytics deliverables including regulatory commitments, audit and self-identified issues, and projects
• Coordinate across Risk Analytics the annual Risk Control (RCSA) process and regulatory self-assessment processes
• Assist across Risk Analytics in the planning and execution of benchmarking exercises, quantitative impact studies, assessment forums, and change initiatives (with a focus on FRTB, update of the IMM framework and VaR model enhancements)
• Assist in creation of presentations for internal governance committees and regulators, and perform peer reviews for clarity and consistency
• Maintain the Risk Analytics end user application inventory, business continuity plan, and monitor of outsourcing arrangements to ensure they meet internal and regulatory expectations
• Be involved in the policies and procedures for Risk Analytics
• Serve as the EMEA Risk Analytics conduit relating to BAU COO activities
• Building strong relationships with various groups across the firm – acting as a key liaison between Risk Analytics, Market / Credit / Operational Risk, Front Office, IT and other Risk Departments both regionally and globally
Skills required (essential)
• Experience in financial services, preferably in areas relating to Risk models.
• Strong background in controls, demonstrated ability to drive and implement a change agenda (preferably in a technical model related function)
• Proven ability to prioritise, multitask and work to tight deadlines while keeping attention to details, asking the right question, and effectively challenging
• Excel in managing relationships across both the business and other control groups with a proven track record in influence and facilitation to achieve results
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, analytical thinking, and problem solving abilities
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-CL1