Your work is crucial for the Company to understand the risks taken around tradable and non-tradable exposures and make the appropriate business judgments. You will monitor positions, distribute risk reporting and develop risk reporting templates. This will cover power & gas, renewable certificates and FX. Although your focus will be on these main risk areas, you will also report on and perform development activities for other products and components. This could include but not be limited to reporting on and modelling VaR, volatility, IR, options, price simulation, etc.
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Join us and help power the revolution.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion will follow shortly which means big global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
In this key role, you will be involved with the following:
- Monitor and report on the various traded and non-traded positions held by the company and monitor and report on the risk limits as detailed in the Risk Management Policy;
- Develop new risk reporting templates and functionality fit for new business requirements, including testing, documentation and cross training of other members of the Market Risk team;
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis to meet the needs of the business as requested;
- Participate in the other projects related to risk management and reporting as requested;
- Respond to queries from senior management on the company’s risk positions;
- Understand and conduct risk activities other than the main focus and provide cover for the other members of Market Risk Team.
To be successful, you are likely to have the following skills/experience:
- Outstanding academic results;
- Minimum 1 year energy experience in a Pricing/ Trading/ Risk role;
- Very strong Excel (lookups, pivot tables); VBA and SQL preferred;
- Strong independent problem solving skills;
- Very strong attention to detail, accuracy and completeness;
- Strong communication skills with confidence to challenge judgements.
What else do we offer?
- A commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover for all staff & non-contributory pension;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location.
Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and please don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Check out all our current open positions: https://www.smartestenergycareers.com