Risk - ICG - Commodities Risk Management - VP
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19028809
The Commodity Market Risk Management group is part of the of the ICG Trading Book Risk Management (TBRM) group of Citigroup. The primary objective of the Commodity Market Risk Management group is to establish a comprehensive and independent market risk control framework that includes:
• Defining and implementing consistent policies and procedures.
• Developing a comprehensive market risk limit setting and monitoring capability.
• Performing the necessary market risk aggregation, analysis, and reporting (including VaR).
• Conducting robust stress testing analyses.
• Working with businesses to help ensure MRM policies and procedures are followed.
• Acting as the Citi's market risk interface with regulators, rating agencies and the Board of Directors on independent market risk issues.
In addition, Market Risk works closely with Financial Control, Price Verification and the Model Validation groups within the organization to ensure that the proper controls are in place Purpose of role
Act as local EMEA market risk representation for global commodity market risk management.
Report to the Senior EMEA Market Risk Officer and be accountable for all day-to-day activities of the Commodities desks in their remit.
Evaluate the appropriateness of the risk profile and influence changes through discussion with the front office as necessary, and working with Risk Reporting and Risk Analytics and IT Support in improving current reports and metrics
Drive enhancements and efficiency in the risk framework and process by working closely with our partners in Technology, Risk Control, Risk Analytics and Model Validation
Own specific regulatory-driven or control projects that could span across businesses outside of immediate coverage Key responsibilities
- Position reports to the Senior EMEA Commodity Market Risk Manager.
- Review of all new business proposals including risk limits setting and monitoring, including working with trading desks to agree upon, set and monitor market risk limits.
- Independent oversight of policy and framework development and implementation where required.
- Review and monitor commodity exposure as per our framework and initiate action where necessary.
- Develop and deliver relevant risk analysis and reporting as required.
- Enhance the Market Risk Measurement/Reporting infrastructure by coordinating projects with the Risk Architecture, Risk Reporting and Information Technology groups.
- Own specific regulatory-driven or control projects that could span across businesses outside of immediate coverage
- Interact with key support groups such as Financial Control, Risk Control, Operations and Information Technology to ensure risk and PnL are being captured and reported accurately.
- Work with the Business Development teams to evaluate the risk of new transactions from an individual and portfolio perspective.
- Facilitate project management / ad hoc reporting across Risk Management personnel within Commodities and within the wider Market Risk Management organization. Qualifications Key experience and requirements for the role
• Extensive years of capital markets experience and/or extensive years of relevant industry experience, with an emphasis on commodities in a European and/or Global market.
• Comprehensive experience and understanding of physical and financial markets, preferably within a financial services organization (though industry experience is welcome)
• Extensive experience with VAR, stress testing techniques and other capital market quantitative measurements and practices
• Relationship management and liaison with business people of all levels
• Emphasis on formulating business requirements and working with Technology in delivering projects for Market Risk. Demonstrable skills required
• Detail orientated, good organizational skills and methodical approach to solving problems
• Proactive attitude, ownership, timeliness of delivery in a fast-paced, outcome-focused environment
• Sound people management skills
• Strong presentation and communication skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer