Risk - Credit Risk - Corporate Vice President - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm .
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assess the credit and financial strength of the firm's corporate borrowers and counterparts by performing fundamental credit analysis using both quantitative and qualitative factor
- Review lending and underwriting transactions, determine risk appetite and regulatory ratings, having developed an independent view of cash flow projections and of key documentation protection
- Perform sector analysis regularly in order to assess portfolio concentrations or trend.
- Coordinate with Investment Banking/Financing group, Sales & Trading, Legal, Operations and Compliance departments to approve derivatives business and ensure appropriate documentation, limits and risk mitigants to protect against a counterpart default and minimize potential losses
- Analyse the risks inherent in the products GS transacts, including lending, trading and derivative products
- Develop and manage relationships with other areas of the firm, including Investment Banking, Asset Management, Global Markets, Controllers, Treasury, Legal, Compliance and Technology
- Minimum of 5 years of credit risk management experience, with a background in corporate credit risk
- Significant experience in investment banking products including loan products and derivatives
- Demonstrable track record of independent decision making and the ability to steer client and business negotiations
- Strong familiarity with regulatory rating requirements and application of such guidance
- Strong documentation (loan and/or derivatives), analytical, presentational and communication skills required
- Must be able to lead and motivate engaged and diverse deal team, providing guidance to and supervision of junior members of the team
- Must be able to communicate at the most senior levels
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to details, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner, shares information/new ideas with others, and demonstrates judgment to escalate as appropriate
- Judgment and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity