The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
Operational Risk is an independent risk management function, responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risk across the firm.
This role within the Operational Risk Coverage team is intended for a professional with subject matter expertise in the areas of risk management and operational risk. The team is dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm's operational risk management framework, with focus specifically on Asset Management. Primary Responsibilities:
- Oversee operational risk framework within the second line of defense working closely with the first line whilst providing robust challenge
- Facilitate operational risk event management framework and data collection, including the detailed reviews of significant events to ensure appropriate remediation plans are implemented, and identification of trends to identify significant or emerging risks.
- Review and evaluate new business initiatives and firm acquisitions to identify changes to the operational risk profile of the division
- Conduct quarterly trigger assessments for divisions to ensure the risk and control self -assessment (RCSA) and tail scenarios remain accurately assessed and current
- Facilitate challenge of 1st line RCSA and Control Assessment ratings to ensure appropriate measurement approach and rationale has been employed
- Conduct scenario analysis by working with stakeholders to develop and quantify scenarios measuring tail risks used for stress testing and capital calculations
- Work with 1st line process owners to develop day to day risk management metrics which quantify the divisions exposure to various types of operational risk
- Contribute to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with stakeholders across business units and federation teams both regionally and globally. Familiarity with the concepts of operational risk, the firm's process flows and control environment combined with strong interpersonal and analytical skills and a penchant for problem solving are necessary for this role. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience working in either operational risk, relevant revenue generating division, or a Federation division
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to present with impact and build consensus across senior stakeholder groups
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a focus on delivery
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Sharepoint - Tableau & SQL are a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise risk management best-practices and controls
- Quick learner who can thrive working as part as a cross-regional team and individually
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity