At Octopus we're transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We've built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors. We employ 700 people and manage more than £7 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don't just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
About the role
Octopus are an ambitious, high growth organisation whose goal is to attract and retain high performance and diverse talent across the group. Our aim is to support and promote a best-in-class Employee Value Proposition (EVP) that differentiates Octopus in the market, contributes to employee engagement and supports a high performance culture.
The role will sit within our HR operations team and will ultimately be responsible for supporting the implementation, day to day management, and administration of key compensation and reward schemes along with the associated processes.
The role will support the delivery of cyclical reward processes like annual pay reviews, benefits sign up, and projects including the selection of third party suppliers, paperless process improvement, job evaluation, grading processes and any other reward related programs.
A key focus of this role is coordinating monthly payroll and pension processes with our third-party providers, requiring data manipulation skills and a strong eye for detail. They will be an internal contact point for manager and employee queries about payroll and benefit issues, answering queries and escalating as appropriate.
All roles within the HR team, including the Rewards Analyst, are highly visible roles across the company with the expectation that you will champion HR and help build the profile of the function across the company. Alongside colleagues in HR, the Rewards Analyst is responsible for championing initiatives that deepen the Octopus culture.
- Supporting the implementation of a world-class Reward and Recognition strategy that aligns to the company's vision, mission and values
- Administering regular processes including payroll, pensions and share options
- Supporting cyclical processes including performance review, pay and bonus review, share options grants
- Work in partnership with vendors to ensure smooth ongoing administration, and ensuring the optimum service is being received for Octopus benefits programs
- Administer the HR Information System and other Reward systems, ensuring all employee data is up to date and accurate
- Support the HR team and managers with insightful analysis on job levelling, benchmarking and benefits evaluation
- Ensure statutory and regulatory compliance of Compensation and Benefits programs particularly in respect of Code Staff & remuneration policy
- Implement communication initiatives to ensure appropriate understanding of Rewards programs across the organisation
- Previous compensation and benefits experience advantageous ideally within both a large complex company and or a fast-moving entrepreneurial company
- Experience of working in a financially regulated environment is critical as well as having a good grasp of remuneration impact of risk takers and code staff