Reward, Performance and Benefits Senior Manager
- GBP70000 - GBP95000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 13 Feb 19
A leading Financial Services Corporate and Investment bank based in London is looking for a Reward, Performance and Benefits Senior Manager to join their wider Human Resources and Personnel team.
A leading Financial Services Corporate and Investment bank
Role of the Reward, Performance and Benefits Senior Manager in London:
- Provide support on execution of reward advisor matters and the execution of relevant policies and processes
- Work with the Head to provide day to day reward support for a defined portfolio of business functions, including preparation of offers, internal moves and the planning and completion of the annual reward review.
- Provide relevant advice to assigned HR stakeholders on a range of employee compensation areas which may include banding, generic pay philosophies and pay positioning, approach to reward for internationally mobile employees, redundancy and total compensation.
- Work with the Head to ensure that compensation activities are aligned with Group policies and standards and that activities are consistent across regional and functional business areas.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of regulatory remuneration guidelines and how these interact with internal policies and guidance. Be prepared to support group wide communications and answer questions from the business.
- Manage year end performance and pay review processes for a defined portfolio of business functions, in line with Group guidelines and acting as a point of contact for their respective management teams. Specifically:
- Lead discussions with the business function teams in relation to the Group messaging.
- Coordinate all relevant business function communication including key messages.
- Manage other annual compensation processes including budgeting and forecasting.
- Embed the Group's fair accountability approach via discussions regarding material risk and conduct issues with relevant business and function risk / control panels, leading and managing detailed reviews of awards and risk / conduct issues in the relevant client / product reward forums, prior to discussion at reward plan committees.
- Collaborate with HR and other teams on market data to increase the level of consistency across markets, and generally ensure data is used in an impactful manner.
- In respect of the Group's Risk Management Framework ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
- Support statutory and internal audits, as appropriate.
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in those areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the function team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Experience for the Reward, Performance and Benefits Senior Manager in London:
- Strong compensation background
- FS background with knowledge of regulations
- Ideally benefits knowledge