Reward Consultant, Financial Services Reward, GES, Tax, London
Your opportunity Deloitte has a longstanding reputation of expertise in the field of Reward, built up over many years of advising a wide range of UK and global companies.
We are offering a unique opportunity for a Reward Consultant to join the fast-growing Financial Services Reward Practice to work in a stimulating environment on advising a prestigious client portfolio. Achieve your aspirations by working with the best in the market.
This ambitious, successful and expanding team is experiencing significant growth, which will allow ample room for career development and progression. We will provide you with the tools to help you reach your full potential and beyond, with no barriers. Your role
The FS Reward team works with our clients to provide advice on a variety of Reward matters including Remuneration Committee advice, reward regulatory advice, and incentive design work, to banking, asset management and insurance firms, as well as Fintech firms. You will work collaboratively with our most senior people to design and implement reward strategies at Board and below Board levels.
You will be client facing and encouraged to build relationships with key individuals at some of the firm's most important clients. In addition to building your external network, you will have the opportunity to build your network internally and collaborate with various specialist teams across the firm including our Incentives, Employment Taxes, Mobility, and Risk Advisory teams.
Your work, your choice
- Developing strong day-to-day relationships with your clients, who will call upon your deep technical expertise to help them develop appropriate, effective remuneration strategies?
- Preparing and/or reviewing key Remuneration Committee papers, providing input and insight to in-house reward teams using client, market and industry knowledge.
- Providing advice in relation to the design and implementation of bonus, deferral and long-term incentive arrangements for Board and below Board individuals, including for specific teams (e.g. fund managers).
- Designing executive pay strategies, linking pay to corporate performance, and taking into account regulatory and corporate governance requirements and institutional investor views.
- Assist key clients on reward regulatory matters, including reward governance considerations and linking remuneration with risk, conduct and culture.
- Advising on performance measures for incentive plans and modelling performance outcomes.
- Advising on communication of executive remuneration strategies to institutional shareholders, including disclosure of remuneration arrangements within Directors Remuneration Reports.
- Providing advice to clients in relation to the communication of their reward frameworks and incentive programs to their people.
- Undertaking executive and non-executive director pay benchmarking.
- Assisting the leadership team in the development of business growth opportunities and wider strategic initiatives, including the identification and support of eminence-building activities, including seminars/client events etc, which enables you to build your networks in the market.
- Providing guidance, management, development and coaching to junior members of the team as part of their projects and more broadly.
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Your professional experience
Your service line: Tax Consulting
- Proven experience in the area of reward either advising or working within corporate financial services firms.
- Previous consultancy experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of executive remuneration and writing/preparing Remuneration Committee papers is highly desirable.
- A professional and pro-active approach to deliver client service that meets Deloitte's exceptional standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - an ability to deal effectively and establish rapport with people at all levels (clients, partners and staff)
Arguably the most stimulating career environment in our industry, tax at Deloitte is a far cry from tax at other firms. Here, it's all about collaborating with colleagues at the top of their game, across disciplines, for clients who urge us to constantly push the boundaries of our creativity. You'll find a diverse mix of people, all working together to deliver best-in-class advice. And you'll discover a structured programme that will help you develop even greater expertise. From fascinating projects to a wealth of secondment opportunities, both in the UK and overseas, you can enjoy a broad and rich career experience. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and
SLTAXC BATGES WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 172567