We are now recruiting for a well-known and successful global asset management group whose finance function is looking to add a part-qualified or finalist-level (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) Revenue Accountant. Candidates must bring a sound foundation of accounting skills and experience with revenue accounting/reporting experience, preferably from the asset management or wider financial services sector.
KEY SEARCH CRITERIA:
- Part-Qualified or Finalist-level Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience from the asset management or financial services sector
- Revenue accounting/reporting experience
- Solid foundation of accounting and controls experience with a confident grasp of accounting fundamentals and principles.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills with good influencing ability
- Production of monthly performance data within the MIS system including updates, consistency checks and reconciliations.
- Analysis of monthly income and revenue for management including production of commentary, tables and charts as required.
- Provide guidance to various departments regarding the reporting of transactions.
- Produce KPI's for management
- Prepare and submit Assets and Revenue Reporting
- Prepare commentary and analysis on assets under managment and revenues
- Build effective and positive stakeholder relationships
- Understanding of client money rules and ensure no CASS breaches
- Process improvement work and analysis re: revenue processes
- Improve existing controls and assist in the implementation of a risk control framework
- Maintenance of various aspects of the European MIS system, including updating static data tables and queries as necessary.
- Continuing development of MI system and its reporting function (ad hoc reports).
- Control and supervision of various databases containing journal entries including assistance with changes and development of the database.
- Ensuring up to date procedures are kept for team workflows and processes
- Provide support from the finance perspective when various offices/departments/sections are established, or re-organisations occur
- Provide assistance to the various finance colleagues/stakeholders
Other ad hoc projects, as and when required:
Assisting other entities to ensure management accounts/reports correctly reflect their results and they are able to complete reporting requirements.
Liaising with various stakeholders and departments (and other Head Office areas) to improve their level of access to information and understanding of EMEA Region reported income/revenues
Provide assistance with system testing in relation to new products, system process changes and the “build” process, checking data flows into system
Controlling and reconciling fees passed through system, checking fee control sheets and providing detailed analysis relevant stakeholders and departments