Retirement Investment Strategist, VP
Who we are looking for
The European Retirement Strategy team is responsible for growing and developing our business managing investments for pension schemes and pension providers, such as insurance companies, platforms and master trusts. Our clients and prospects are some of the largest pension schemes and intermediaries. The team is responsible for thought leadership and proposition development for the pensions and retirement markets. It works with clients in a consultative fashion to develop their investment strategies, in close collaboration with our sales, client, investment and product teams.
We are looking for an investment consultant or strategist with experience of providing investment advice to pension schemes, and a commitment to ensuring good outcomes for pension scheme members, to join the team.
The role is predominantly focused on the UK pensions market, but will have some exposure to other European markets, notably Ireland and the Netherlands.
Role is at Vice President or Assistant Vice President level and based in London, with some home working and some travel.
The team is part of our European Institutional Client Group and our Global Defined Contribution Team. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. Managing assets for pension and retirement scheme is a key focus of the firm and this role will contribute to the development of that business. What you will be responsible for
In the role of Senior Retirement Investment Strategist, you will:
What we value
- Track and analyse major trends and developments in the pensions investment markets
- Contribute to development of investment products and strategies for the pension market, such as target date funds
- Develop marketing collateral for the pensions market, including competitive analysis
- Contribute to research and thought leadership projects on retirement investment issues
- Work in collaboration with our Account Executives to grow and develop our relationships with major pension clients, acting as consultant and developing solutions to their key challenges
- Build relationships with all key stakeholders associated with the client namely, investment consultants, trustees and sponsors
- Collaborate with the Consultant Relations team to influence c onsultant research teams through deep technical engagement and clear articulation of products/solutions
- Contribute to our new business via prospecting, RFPs and pitches, in collaboration with the business development team
- Strong knowledge of investment markets, strategies and products
- Experience of advising pension scheme clients, with an emphasis on DC, but ideally also some DB experience
- An understanding of ESG investing and responsible investment
- Ability to contribute to and lead research and thought leadership projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
CFA Charter is desirable
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers