- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 19 Feb 18
Retail Risk and Analytics, Senior Manager - Corporate and Asset Finance
This Retail Risk function is responsible for driving risk strategy and analytics across the full small ticket account life cycle, from sales and marketing, through underwriting and collections to loss recovery and customer retention, with the aim of
About the Role
The Retail Risk and Analytics, Senior Manager will be responsible for setting up risk policies for all the “retail” (<£750k transaction size to commercial and consumer customers) products in the UK and Ireland. Close engagement with the underwriting, collections and sales teams as well as monitoring of market developments will allow you to continually improve policies while maintaining a robust policy change framework and analytical evaluation of changes.
You will be key in shaping the business data roadmap and providing analytical and reporting support to the business, including creating meaningful reports for use with partners, for regulatory reporting, as well as within the business for portfolio and origination channel monitoring, risk ops effectiveness and business strategy.
In conjunction with Finance & Capital teams, you will manage the provisioning model, produce credit risk forecasts, and provide input into Capital modelling and reporting.
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree qualification in a quantitative and/or problem solving discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within an analytical credit risk function, with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Strong exposure to both modelling and policy, in a high volume, small ticket, fast turnaround lending environment with exposure to indirect channels such as brokers, dealers, vendors and white label partners.
- UK consumer lending experience is required, preferably in an unsecured environment, with UK SME lending experience desirable. Having an understanding of small ticket financing solutions for vendor, dealer, broker and white label partners is desirable.
- Solid analytical problem solving skills, with a good understanding of data manipulation and modelling techniques and experience building business and risk models.
- Strong knowledge of Excel with VBA and a good working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Access or SQL. Exposure to SAS or R is not required but would be beneficial
Corporate and Asset Finance Group provides innovative and traditional capital, finance and related services to clients operating in selected international markets. With offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, North America and Europe, Corporate and Asset Finance specialises in:
- leasing and asset finance
- tailored debt and finance solutions
- asset remarketing, sourcing and trading.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.