Miryco are working with an exciting Asset Manager who are hiring a 'Responsible Investments Lead' to take ownership of the company's Responsible Investment (RI) activities. This activity includes the company's approach to climate change (impact of and on the asset portfolio), environmental, social and governance (ESG) in general and incorporating ‘doing the right thing’ when making investment decisions. This role will work directly with the CIO, wider Investment and Analyst team. This is a truly exceptional opportunity for the right person who is looking to drive forward the responsible investment agenda amongst a really strong investment team.
- Good knowledge of the regulatory, legislative and ‘best practice’ environment and how this translates to requirements to the company and its investment practices
- Competitor awareness and market best practice
- Developing a clear understanding of the research, databases and techniques that can be made available to the company to assess and measure the RI approach
- Advise the investment team on how to apply the latest research and data into the company's investment strategy i.e. making investment decisions and portfolio management in general
- Advise the investment team on the application of its internally generated RI scoring
- Responsible for recommending the basis of calculation for carbon consumption within the investment portfolio for liquid and illiquid assets
- Responsible for planning the path to achieve climate related targets including Science Based Targets
- Responsible for identifying and maintaining the data standards used to measure progress of RI towards targets
- First class or second class upper degree
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a bank, insurance company, asset manager or consultancy
- Manager level hire - experience in taking ownership and ability to lead and deliver team objectives
- CFA / ESG related certification desirable but not essential
- Strong ESG/climate impact knowledge
- Be inquisitive via exercising strong research skills
- Verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present investment matters in a clear and concise manner
Location: Central London (hybrid working)
Salary: Competitive Basic and good bonus.
Shortlist: Please note our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For similar roles, please follow Miryco Consultants Ltd on LinkedIn.