Our client is a London-based Investment Management firm with over £25bn AUM. They are looking for a dynamic and motivated individual to join the firm, to support and develop the RI Function. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of ESG research, engagement and other activities and will work to improve, implement and facilitate ESG integration.
- Develop and implement company engagement programmes that positively influence the environmental and social performance of portfolio companies.
- Integrating ESG research into active stewardship plan identifying targets and objectives.
- Take part in collaborative investor engagement with companies on specific ESG issues and steering related discussions with investment teams.
- Monitor for potential conflicts between proxy voting and corporate engagement
- Support research team on execution of ESG engagement plans
- Support ESG company research and wider environmental and social thematic changes and developments at sector level and across geographies
- Prepare RI reports and client communications
- Approx. 5-10 years of experience
- Experience in engaging with companies to drive sustainability impact and change
- Analysing climate change and transition plans, social and natural capital in broader business context
- Experience of working collaboratively with investment teams on ESG topics and sector specific research
- Academic level degree in related field
- Experience in investment or responsible investment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of supporting RI in practice to both public equities and fixed income
- Ability to represent the team in wider industry forums or working groups
- Good knowledge of ESG issues and developments around sustainability themes
- Experience working in thematic engagement working groups