Resource Manager - FSO - Advisory - 12 Month FTC - London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Resource Manager within FSO Advisory team.
The role will require the individual to understand and monitor business performance and the issues and challenges facing the practice. Primary focus will be fulfilling engagement resource requests for our largest accounts. This includes working closely with senior stakeholders to meet financial and non-financial objectives. In particular, to optimise the utilisation of resources, improve performance and ensure Operational Excellence is maintained at all times. This is in conjunction with ensuring our people are provided with the best experiences to drive their careers. Your Key Responsibilities: Resource Management:
- Responsible for supporting and delivering end to end resourcing solutions to the client facing business.
- Supporting headcount management and capacity planning, optimising the utilisation and chargeability of our client facing workforce, providing information to leadership on utilisation levels, key areas of availability, business performance and forecasting to support business decisions.
- Ensure Retain (Resource Management Tool) is accurate. Regularly liaising with Competency Leads to challenge forward view and decide upon effective resourcing and deployment of staff.
- Monitor and escalate availability of resources and work proactively with colleagues from across FSO Advisory, wider FSO in the UK and EMEIA to ensure utilisation is maximised.
- Analyse pipeline and proactively engage with pursuit team to understand proposed resource model, ensuring resource requirements are known and can be met.
- Liaise with the business, counsellors and HR to keep abreast of the development needs of all individuals in the group to ensure planning is aligned.
- Work with client facing staff to understand their skills and experiences for appropriate alignment of projects.
- Forecast financial performance and utilisation levels on a weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual basis using Retain (Resource Management Tool) and EY Financial Reporting tools.
- Required to prepare, analyse and present Management Information to senior stakeholders on budget vs. actual, headcount, resourcing and wider operational excellence metrics such as utilisation, Retain accuracy, timesheets
- Hold regular update meetings with key stakeholders, including Business Unit Lead and client facing staff to review management information and recommend action required as a result. Understand and communicate key business developments which may affect upcoming performance.
- Producing and maintaining various ad hoc and regular management information reports. Interpreting and acting on results.
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Undertaking ad hoc project work at the request of the Partners and/or Function Lead.
- Key contact for all client handlers, dealing with a variety of operational and support queries. Maintaining a thorough understanding of all business processes to be able to resolve or delegate queries
- Support the roll out of new initiatives, systems and processes.
To Qualify for the Role you must have:
- A strong team player who is self-motivated, self-reliant and results orientated
- A high level of written and oral communications skills, ability to extrapolate the "message" from
Ideally you'll also have:
- Proven resource management, business and operations experience
What we look for:
- Proven experience in managing multiple tasks, with effective prioritisation skills
- An understanding of a professional services environment and/or Financial Services sector ideal
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of financial management. You will work closely with many stakeholders across the business so the ability to build strong and effective relationships will be key. What working at EY offers:
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.