Researcher - Market Structure group – Investment Strategies
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
Norges Bank Investment Management manages the Government Pension Fund Global. The fund is invested worldwide in equities, fixed income and real estate, totalling around NOK 8,000 billion kroner. Our mission is to safeguard and build wealth for Norway’s future generations. We are operating in a global, highly competitive and constantly evolving market. We are more than 550 people of more than 35 nationalities, with offices in Oslo, London, New York, Singapore and Shanghai.
Norges Bank Investment Management seeks a dedicated and results oriented professional for the position of market structure researcher in the Market Structure group of Investment Strategies.
The group provides research and thought leadership in market structure topics of interest to the Fund. It also promotes well-functioning financial markets through interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
Activities include engaging with stakeholders in the financial sector, participating in industry bodies and organising events on topical issues. The group is also responsible for publishing / editing research notes that form part of our Asset Manager Perspective series. We work in partnership with Norges Bank Investment Management’s trading and investment areas, and also collaborate with external counterparties.
We are looking for a researcher to support our well-functioning market effort reporting to Head of Market Structure. The position will be based in London and some travel will be required.
• Participating in development of views on topics of interest to the Fund in the area of well-functioning markets and market structure across asset classes
• Participating in research, data analysis and write-up of notes, letters and perspectives
• Coordinating and consolidating internal viewpoints related to such topics
• Conducting analysis and research on areas deemed as high priority
• Keeping abreast of regulatory changes and market structure innovations
• Supporting our engagement efforts with external counterparties and assisting in content generation and coordination of internal and external events (eg, roundtables)
• Master’s or higher degree in economics, finance, law, or related field
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience
• Interest and knowledge in financial market structure and regulatory affairs
• Quantitative skills and experience in data-handling and databases (e.g., SQL)
• A track record of writing research notes is an advantage
• Ambition to excel
• High level of integrity
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with strong proficiency in written and spoken English
Norges Bank Investment Management can offer a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world’s largest funds. NBIM has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
The salary offered is competitive.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to Rebeca Hopkins HR Business Partner. Tel: +44 207 534 9011
Please note we can only accept applications made via the online application via the career portal on www.nbim.no .
Open Date for applications is 7th March 2018
Deadline for application is 8 April 2018
No Agencies please