The research team of this fixed income vendor is seeking a data analyst to support the team’s global efforts in providing data and analytics to it's clients. The research team has begun a broad effort to roll out Tableau across the firm as a platform for creating and sharing interactive analytics. This person will be an integral part of the research team’s efforts to develop a reporting and analytics platform in Tableau, leveraging the use of both Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
This role is responsible for:
- Helping guide the deployment of Tableau within the organization to serve both internal stakeholders and external clients
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a set of standards for Tableau dashboards developed by the research team
- Working with stakeholders and end-users to optimize their usage of Tableau and other data-based research products
- Developing and maintain Tableau dashboards for the research team to support Sales and external trading customers
General Support Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting internal stakeholders Sales on using Tableau to support business objectives
- Responding to ad-hoc data queries from sales, sourcing data using SQL and/or Tableau
- Building and maintaining Tableau dashboards with analytics to support the global Sales team and the trading business
- Periodic reporting and analytics on fixed-income market trends and trading system activity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a quantitative field (finance, statistics, business)
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of fixed income markets is preferred
- Experience using Tableau to create interactive dashboards is required
- Experience with Tableau Server is a plus.
- Understanding of SQL is required.
- Advanced Excel skills are preferred.
- Experience with programming languages for data analysis is a plus (Python and/or R).
- Experience with AWS is a plus.