Research Specialist - Real Estate Operational Due Diligence
- GBP500.00 - GBP600.00 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Advantage Resourcing
- 10 Nov 17 2017-11-10
The Operational Due Diligence Analyst will have responsibility for performing operational due diligence reviews for investments in private equity and real estate managers. Such responsibilities will include conducting due diligence reviews, drafting assessment reports of managers, and making presentations to the regional research committees.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
* Coverage of a continually changing investment universe.
* Keeping up to date with all industry level changes and their potential effects.
* Ensuring that our operational due diligence process remains best in class and timely.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
* Work closely with the global research teams.
* Work will primarily be Europe based, but there is some travel across USA/Asia
The Operational Due Diligence Analyst will have responsibility for performing operational due diligence reviews for investments in private equity and real estate managers .Such responsibilities will include conducting due diligence reviews, drafting assessment reports of managers, and making presentations to the regional research committees. Knowledge of operations and/or audit in the asset management business or real estate and private equity operations is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. It is anticipated that the position will include about 20% travel
- Conduct on-site operational due diligence meetings of external asset managers as part of the ODD program. These meetings discuss all areas of operations to assess the strength of the organization and its ability to mitigate operational risk.
- Document due diligence meetings conducted in the specified report template and present findings to the regional research committee.
- Perform regulatory research and reviews for managers.
- Analyze underlying manager financial statements.
- Research foreign markets to assess regulatory and tax issues involving trading/establishing a local presence in those markets.
- Assist team members on special projects.
- Perform due diligence reviews on administrators that support underlying private equity and real estate managers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MUST HAVE REAL ESTATE EXPERIENCE
- 5 years working in within an audit firm auditing investment products (real estate or private equity or venture capital) or the operations and/or audit departments of an asset management firm or; operational due diligence preferred.
- Undergraduate Bachelors degree in accounting and finance and with a Chartered Accountant qualification or Chartered Financial Analyst qualification
- .Working knowledge of industry standards for the asset management industry, specifically hedge fund, including familiarity with policies, procedures and "best practices".
- Knowledge of hedge funds and pooled investment products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong audit and/or operations experience required.
- Works well in team environment.
- Good analytical & organizational skills.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office products.
- Self-starter, able to demonstrate initiative, well-developed time management skills.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.